Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/18/2024 5:28:49 PM EDT
Curious if anyone knows of any vendors that sell mountain house in quantity for good pricing?

Trying to buy a decent amount.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 5:40:24 PM EDT
[#1]
You can buy directly from them, they have a big sale going on now up to 50% off.

Sale
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 6:10:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Global_Cooling:
You can buy directly from them, they have a big sale going on now up to 50% off.

Sale
View Quote

Thank you. I actually was looking at it, but unless I'm missing it they don't really offer bulk options.

I'm seeing like 22 serving buckets etc. Was hoping for like a 10 pack of those or similar.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 7:11:10 PM EDT
[#3]
You arent gonna beat the 50% off cans IMO with free shipping.  Been looking for a while including some wholesale options. The buckets and such have more packaging and repackaging and the discount isnt as strong. Cause you are paying for plastic, foil, packaging and labor. Found some cans  a little over 40% off retail but shipping killed it and the minimum was a case.

I'd love to see something better..
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 7:17:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Costco occasionally has sales, but not 50% off. If you are near Mormon areas Costco has MH retail in the store.

https://www.costco.com/CatalogSearch?dept=All&keyword=mountain+house
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 7:33:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By RR_Broccoli:
Costco occasionally has sales, but not 50% off. If you are near Mormon areas Costco has MH retail in the store.

https://www.costco.com/CatalogSearch?dept=All&keyword=mountain+house
View Quote

Thank you
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 7:33:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By deputygadget:
You arent gonna beat the 50% off cans IMO with free shipping.  Been looking for a while including some wholesale options. The buckets and such have more packaging and repackaging and the discount isnt as strong. Cause you are paying for plastic, foil, packaging and labor. Found some cans  a little over 40% off retail but shipping killed it and the minimum was a case.

I'd love to see something better..
View Quote

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 12:23:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Is Mountain House considered to be superior to other options?
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 6:24:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: migradog] [#8]
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 11:15:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By migradog:
Originally Posted By jmt1271:
Curious if anyone knows of any vendors that sell mountain house in quantity for good pricing?

Trying to buy a decent amount.

Emergency Essentails has bulk stuff on sale right now.

https://www.beprepared.com/collections/home-run-deals?utm_source=EE.HP-HRD.Mid-Bnr&utm_medium=EE.HP-HRD.Mid-Bnr&utm_campaign=EE.HP-HRD.Mid-Bnr&utm_id=EE.HP-HRD.Mid-Bnr

LDS bulk food items

https://store.churchofjesuschrist.org/new-category/food-storage/food-storage/5637169327.c

for bulk shit like that i've just started mylar bagging my own, much cheaper and takes up less space

packfreshusa has quart bags with oxygen absorbers for like $50/100

plus you can pack up other things like bouillon cubes, cocoa powder, meal kits, i've even bagged breakfast cereal and hard candy

(you don't use oxygen absorbers for salt or sugar so i vaccu seal them)

Link Posted: 3/22/2024 10:41:45 PM EDT
[#10]
The #10 cans that are on sale right now are a pretty good deal. I’ve made two sizable orders lately. I have a family of 5 to feed with all of us being male except the wife. I figure one of the #10s would be one meal for us. That’s the way I’m counting them anyway..
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 7:00:37 PM EDT
[#11]
That mountain house deal is pretty good.

They have the huge kits on sale too.

Last time they did the sale on pouches individually I picked up about 100 or so.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 7:12:05 PM EDT
[#12]

Sale
View Quote

Thanks for that! Just ordered a classic bucket. Been meaning to for a while.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 7:31:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Tango-22:
The #10 cans that are on sale right now are a pretty good deal. I’ve made two sizable orders lately. I have a family of 5 to feed with all of us being male except the wife. I figure one of the #10s would be one meal for us. That’s the way I’m counting them anyway..
View Quote

If we’re talking about SHTF food preps, what made the most sense to me, was using stuff like MH for flavoring, and rice and beans for bulk calories.

I also use protein powder regularly, so I always keep a rotating stash of that. Looking at the grams of protein per serving, and the grams per dollar; protein powder is not only cheaper, but far easier to store, as a supplement to daily protein.

I use (and store) both Now Foods Whey Isolate (5lb cans or 10lb bags), and Dymatize Casein.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 5:24:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Sale on #10 cans is over for the time being.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 5:25:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Marie:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Sale

Nice, you JUST made it!
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 7:31:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By CastleBravo91:

Nice, you JUST made it!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CastleBravo91:

Sale

Nice, you JUST made it!

Hoping they go on sale again. Moneys been tight with.big jump.in auto and home owners insurance.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 7:49:27 PM EDT
[#17]
https://www.costco.com/mountain-house-freeze-dried-rice-%2526-chicken-6-count-54-total-servings.product.100677866.html

Mountain House Freeze Dried Rice & Chicken 6-count (54 Total Servings)...$40 off, price good thru the 4th.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 10:24:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Mountain House Earth Day deals. $9 meal pouches, 40% off #10 cans, 25% off meal kits.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 10:25:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Wait for sales at the MH website. Also. Midway has had some epic sales too.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 8:04:48 AM EDT
[#20]
Dunno if this link will work the way I want it to, but Sierra Trading typically has some decent deals on MH pouches.  $8.79 or $8.99 for most (bit cheaper still, if you wanna count the pasta primavera or the venerable biscuits & gravy as an option) and free shipping on $89+ orders

LINK
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top