Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/8/2024 12:38:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KoreyKirsch]
I absolutely love hunting the prairies of the Dakotas. The wide-open spaces are food for my soul.
My Heart Is On The Prairie: KC Ep 126
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 9:58:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Nicely done and thanks for sharing.  This year I have moved to almost exclusively Black Hot on my Yoter.  I still run White Hot on my Phenom but just like the black on the scope better.  Keep the videos coming.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 12:13:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bcturkeynut:
Nicely done and thanks for sharing.  This year I have moved to almost exclusively Black Hot on my Yoter.  I still run White Hot on my Phenom but just like the black on the scope better.  Keep the videos coming.
View Quote

I do the exact same.  The white hot seems to be better for me when scanning, but I really like black hot when I am on the trigger.

And Korey, your videos are really helping me estimate distance until I can upgrade to a LRF.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 7:49:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Nice shooting Korey, and another great video.  I've also been using black hot more this year.  It seems to give a bit better sharpness and definition, especially when they get inside 200.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 11:49:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: KoreyKirsch] [#4]
Lots of different things impact the color palette that may work best when talking about White-Hot Vs Black-Hot.

Brands:
There are some brands that certain color palettes are stronger. You typically don't see many Trijicon on Nvision videos of white-hot. The same goes for Flir as I shot almost all my Flir videos on black-hot. Traditionally, the iRay sensor has a little stronger white-hot palette, etc. This doesn't mean it doesn't work in the other modes for Bering and for all other brands.

Uses:
As many have stated, personally for scanning I can pick out animals from further away using white-hot. However, with that said, I feel I can read terrain better using black-hot. To me, black-hot yields a more realistic looking image, so I change my palette/background depending on the usage.

Conditions:
Different conditions can yield or require different settings. When it gets really nasty like heavy fog, I will sometimes change to red-hot/outdoor alert, etc.

I appreciate all the feedback and you watching and commenting on my videos. There isn't a right or wrong, just personal preference. I will say one reason I shoot with my Bering thermals on white hot mainly, is the area where the coyote's leg starts to angle forward is so easy to see on white-hot. On Black hot, I have a harder time seeing that point. This spot is like a thermal target to me when using White-Hot.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Bud:Your videos are really helping me estimate distance until I can upgrade to a LRF.
View Quote
Glad it is helping. I originally received the first SY LRF produced. It was Serial #000. Bering made a firmware update later where the videos record the entire screen. This will allow the viewer to see the LRF ranges and PIP, etc in the videos. Once I get to that time period in my videos, I won't have to list the ranges.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 9:17:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Another great hunt.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 6:22:36 PM EDT
[#6]
I saw some trees in the background on the first set, waaay too thick for me lolololol. You get to sit and watch them come from a mile away where I have to sit waiting and wondering if anything might come.

I was liking that black hot.

I was prepared to quit watching your hunts if you had taken that 40 yrd gimmie. Thank goodness you let him get away from the muzzle blast far enough so it didn't singe the hair.

Fine Shooting Korey.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top