Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/3/2024 9:06:06 PM EDT
I have been hunting coyotes for a long time.  I started off with just a "rabbit in distress" sound using my hand and mouth (which I still sometimes use today), and then a boom box cassette player with a "woodpecker in distress" and other similar tapes.  

I have an older entry level Icotec that is decent, and I have killed a lot of coyotes using it.  I really want something with more volume and a wider selection of howls, barks and yips.  The one that I have only has three coyote vocalizations.

What do y'all suggest?
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 9:46:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Anything foxpro.  Have/had multiple models - can't go wrong with any. Works for me in appalachia, where they're really hard to kill.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 10:45:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jhb3rd:
Anything foxpro.  
View Quote
Foxpro, but the Hellcat Pro at a minimum, then load it up with MFK sounds.

The FOXPRO Hellcat Pro Takes It's First Kentucky Coyote

All About COYOTES! The Cycle Of LIFE & DEATH Begins! Episode1

Link Posted: 4/4/2024 8:39:15 AM EDT
[#3]
FoxPro with the TX1000 remote and MFK sounds will be very good!

Lucky Duck Roughneck with Rick Pallet sounds very good!

Icotec Night Stalker with Tony Tebbe Sounds very good!
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 11:51:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: KoreyKirsch] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DoubleUp2:
FoxPro with the TX1000 remote and MFK sounds will be very good!

Lucky Duck Roughneck with Rick Pallet sounds very good!

Icotec Night Stalker with Tony Tebbe Sounds very good!
View Quote
DU providing some really good advice. I have been using FoxPro exclusively for the past roughly 8-10 years.

Lucky Duck: Lucky Duck has the ability to rotate the call. I wish FoxPro had this feature. I know there are 3rd party devices that can do it for other brands, but a cool feature.

FoxPro:There are so, so many models to choose from. My personal favorite currently is the X24. It is super light, super loud and clear, and has the TX1000 remote like DU mentioned. I really like the tripod that also serves as a carrying handle. FoxPro really talks a lot about being made in the US. I have no idea how many Chinese parts if any, but this could be a major point for some. The FoxPro library itself has been around forever and many people discredit FoxPro because there are so many out there that many animals have heard their sounds. However, with the addition of MFK sounds to their library and the ability to add Tony Tebbe and other sounds, this isn't an issue any longer. One note on FoxPro's remote. You read some negative comments online about this. I have found their remote range is actually very good with one exception. When I use the call near communication towers, there can be issues. This might apply to other brands as well. Apparently, some communication towers use a similar frequency as the FoxPro remote and it can cause interference. Whenever I have had an issue with range, this has been the case. I list a lot more information about the FoxPros because I have used them a ton.

Icotec: I have never used them, but if Tony Tebbe puts his stamp of approval on them, they must be pretty good.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 4:10:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Thank you all for the input.  

Much appreciated.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top