Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/3/2023 5:27:07 PM EDT
Anyone ever go to Newfoundland to hunt moose?

What outfitter did you use?  would you go again?

Link Posted: 2/4/2023 8:51:04 AM EDT
[#1]
A buddy went last year. I think he said 1 or 2 out of the 8 hunters there got their bulls. Not sure who he hunted with. The hunts advertised by Cabelas and SOA are advertised as being pretty successful.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 9:16:45 AM EDT
[#2]
My neighbor got a bull with Newfound Outfitting last year, the meat and mount arrived a couple weeks ago. They claim 90% success, Everyone there the week he hunted shot a bull.

It was his second time, he recommends them highly.

https://www.newfoundoutfitting.com/
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 8:12:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info.  Yeah they all say 90+ percent success rates.  

Hard to just pick one out of the many.

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 9:16:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By vatopa:
Thanks for the info.  Yeah they all say 90+ percent success rates.  

Hard to just pick one out of the many.

Thanks
View Quote

I went to newfy in 2004. My outfitter was on the low end of things, but everyone got an animal. Out of the 8 hunters i was the only one that got a decent bull and it was almost by accident that I actually saw him.  Anyway, I went with “Ray’s hunting lodge” I believe that Ray has since died (he was old then) and his sons have taken over.  We stayed in town and drove over an hour each day out to the hills to hunt each day.  A guy I ran into for work, also went to newfoundland for a moose, but his outfitter used a remote camp. I don’t recall his outfitter, but his experience was much better than mine, his bull was much bigger as well.

Newfoundland is an interesting place, I would love to go back for a vacation there and drive around, maybe even visit Dildo (did you listen to bob and tom?)

Btw, moose meat is awesome! I got over 200 lbs of it, lasted about 3 years.

Indy
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 2:10:34 PM EDT
[#5]
http://www.oceansidecountrylodge.com/

Friends of mine went here a few years ago. Absolutely loved it, and they have been on numerous guided hunts, and said this was one of their favorites. Everyone filled their tags.

The guide is also a commercial fisherman and pulled up some fresh oysters or mussels (cant remember which) for them on the ride to camp. They saw whales, and his wife took the ladies shopping/sightseeing while the guys were hunting. TONS of bear as well if you are interested in them.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 6:22:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Finally got a solid group of guys to go.  We are signed up for fall of 24 and 25.

Now to find something for this fall
Top Top