Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/8/2023 9:43:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kiltakaze]
It’s been a few years since I last went hunting. Had a baby in October 2021 .

I gained some weight which I’m hoping to shed some off, but I doubt I’ll be able to squeeze back into my hunting clothes by the time the need rolls around. I’m looking at getting new stuff and I’ve liked the look and feel of the Killik stuff at my local Sportsman’s

Just looking for first hand opinions. I think it’ll be a slightly easier pill for the wife to swallow versus Kuiu, Sitka, Kryptek or FirstLite
Link Posted: 1/18/2023 7:35:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought several pieces. I can't attest to the durability, but it had good reviews online at a much cheaper price than Sitka. I bought 2 pairs of pants, a puffy jacket, shell, and backpack.
Link Posted: 1/18/2023 7:50:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Get on camofire.com

They have sitka half priced all the time.   I got sitka t-shirts for $1.99 each, and sweatshirts for $17.

Link Posted: 1/20/2023 10:32:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Kiltakaze:
It’s been a few years since I last went hunting. Had a baby in October 2021 .

I gained some weight which I’m hoping to shed some off, but I doubt I’ll be able to squeeze back into my hunting clothes by the time the need rolls around. I’m looking at getting new stuff and I’ve liked the look and feel of the Killik stuff at my local Sportsman’s

Just looking for first hand opinions. I think it’ll be a slightly easier pill for the wife to swallow versus Kuiu, Sitka, Kryptek or FirstLite
View Quote

Honest answer is it doesn’t matter to the game. It only matters to you. If the material moves with you and transports sweat effectively then get it. That’s the main selling point of Sitka, how well it moves with you, not against you. The pattern is about 3rd or 4th on my list.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 2:48:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AL25] [#4]
I agree that the camo pattern really doesn't matter as long as it effectively breaks up your outline. I also agree that companies like Kuiu, Sitka and First Lite make technical hunting clothing instead of just pants and jackets that are camo. I started buying Kuiu several years ago when they had a big sale and I really like how warm the jacket was for it's weight. I have now completely transitioned all of my camo to Verde. If you're just sitting in a blind it's not going to matter as long as it's warm, but if you are hiking in and sitting in a stand you are going to want something ligthweight and breathable with quality insulation in the right areas.

I just read some reviews on the Kilik line and most seem to be good, but not a lot of reviews. Some were complaining about the materials used leaking, tearing and fading with very little use. It would be hard to give an opinion on it without trying it, plus they don't go into a lot of detail about what materials they are using. It seems to be priced in the Under Armor, Cabelas Instinct range with a much better warranty. The big sky camo reminds me of Vias.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 3:24:13 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a set of lightweight merino base layers and a pair of pants from them.

I’ve tried most of Sitka’s pants and the Killik ones are just as good…but if I was heading out tomorrow with no other pants indefinitely I’d take my two pairs of Fjallraven pants.
Top Top