Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/5/2024 2:52:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: D_J]
Just as an fyi.. they shut down last Friday unannounced. I know they expected money up front on orders.. if you have an outstanding order you may want to look into this.

There have been a lot of rumors going around (and have gone around for the last few years) concerning the company’s/owners financial well-being and business practices.

Wouldn’t be surprised if this made the Charlotte news in the next day or so.

ETA: 3/13 court docs

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 2:59:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Well damn that sucks.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 3:01:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Wow. I'd always heard they made great stuff, assumed they were doing well.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 3:04:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Purchased my rear blade from them ~10 years ago.  
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 4:25:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PA452] [#4]
That sucks. I have a Wicked 55 grapple from them that I like a lot.

I think I had read not too long ago that they were having a large, new building built to expand but they were unable to move into it due to some zoning or permitting issue, so they were in a legal dispute with the contractor or something?
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 4:51:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Was just getting ready to buy something from them.

I’m in Charlotte. First I’ve heard this
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 4:56:06 PM EDT
[#6]
I got pallet forks and a york type rake.  I was annoyed with the york rake deal,  I got hit with a price increase just as I ordered due to metal prices.  They took about five months to deliver.  They were up front on that.  They lowered the price back down about four weeks before delivery but not for me of course.  That rankled me.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 5:53:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Duck_Hunt] [#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By PA452:
That sucks. I have a Wicked 55 grapple from them that I like a lot.

I think I had read not too long ago that they were having a large, new building built to expand but they were unable to move into it due to some zoning or permitting issue, so they were in a legal dispute with the contractor or something?
View Quote

Yes. The owners business practices evidently caught up with him. This contractor had the means to play ball, where as others in the past may not have.

But I think the financial woes predate the current legal dispute.  The owners personal home has been for sale for several years now… and now some woman (no one knows who she is) has taken out a 2+ million dollar business loan
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 5:54:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Duck_Hunt] [#8]
Originally Posted By Covertness:
Was just getting ready to buy something from them.

I’m in Charlotte. First I’ve heard this
View Quote

This apparently was effective on 2/2.  If you’re in Charlotte I’d say it will be on the news in the next few days.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 5:58:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Their website is still up?
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 6:04:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Covertness:
Their website is still up?
View Quote

I know people that work there…  It’s shut down.

Google ‘everything attachments shutdown’ There is a discussion going over on orangetractor.

I’ve also heard of customers with outstanding orders contacting LE and news agencies.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 7:56:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Wow.  That's unexpected.  
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 7:58:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Glad I didn’t order that ultralight grapple for my Kubota at Christmas.

Sad to hear, the implements I’ve seen from them were well made.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 8:01:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By The_Like_Button:

View Quote

No doubt they made quality implements.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 8:04:44 PM EDT
[#14]
OK, I guess I won't buy pallet forks from them.

Thanks OP!
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 8:30:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Great, now more stuff from China will come in to fill the void.
Link Posted: 2/6/2024 1:05:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Duck_Hunt] [#16]
The below story came out today.

https://hickoryrecord.com/news/local/business/everything-attachments-conover/article_c656dd04-c460-11ee-b468-33e5a8de23bc.html

Note: there is a pay wall but private browsing takes care of that.

Eta:

What is going on at Everything Attachments?

The voicemail of the Conover-based company which manufactures blades, buckets and other heavy equipment attachments was full as of Monday afternoon. County tax records list the company as delinquent on its $52,152 tax bill. And customers are concerned over order delays and the lack of response from the company.

Mike Minarik, a corrections officer from the Upper Peninsula of Michigan who is planning to retire in March, is one of those customers.

Minarik said in a phone interview Monday he spent $2,600 on a grapple from Everything Attachments to go with his new tractor. He made the payment on Nov. 6.There was a four-month waiting period,” he said. "I was OK with that. They have a good reputation. But now I am worried sick about this.”

Minarik said Monday that he has not been able to get a response from the company. He is not the only customer concerned about the state of the company.

In the recently created “What happened to Everything Attachments” Facebook page, several customers said they were seeking refunds for orders placed in September or August which they have not received. A few who had ordered items in September said they heard from the company in early January that their items would be ready in about a month.

Nate McAbee, the company’s general manager, did not respond to a voicemail and text asking about the company and status of outstanding orders as of 3 p.m. Monday.In January 2023, McAbee acknowledged delays in orders, a situation he blamed on a lack of space. The company sued Hickory contractor Neill Grading in October 2022, saying the contractor’s poor workmanship left Everything Attachments with a new factory building they were unable to occupy.

Neill Grading denied the claims from Everything Attachments and filed a countersuit against the company. The contractor said that Everything Attachments denied them access to the property, failed to make payments and misused funds from a construction loan through Fidelity Bank.

Everything Attachments had also entered into incentive agreements with Catawba County and the city of Conover.Under those deals, the company was required to create 150 jobs and invest $20 million as part of an expansion. In exchange, the local governments agreed to provide property tax incentives — $376,200 from the county and $228,000 from Conover — over a period of a few years.

The agreement requires Everything Attachments to meet those job and investment goals by the end of 2025. Incentives are only paid if the company satisfies those performance goals
Link Posted: 2/6/2024 1:09:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Duck_Hunt:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By The_Like_Button:

The set of forks, bucket and grapple I got from them have been great.

Damn shame.
Link Posted: 2/6/2024 1:40:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By FDC:
OK, I guess I won't buy pallet forks from them.

Thanks OP!
View Quote

What I was getting ready to order as well.
Link Posted: 2/6/2024 1:54:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Definitely wasn't on my 2024 bingo card.

Wow.
Link Posted: 2/6/2024 4:53:21 PM EDT
[#20]
My neighbor has their grapple, I've been wanting one. Hope they didn't go under.
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 6:28:11 PM EDT
[#21]
I have an 8' grader blade and 7' land plane.  Excellent products.

sorry to hear about their troubles.
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 9:49:48 PM EDT
[#22]
I was looking at box blades about a month ago on their website. Glad I did not order one.
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 7:49:53 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By whiskerz:
I was looking at box blades about a month ago on their website. Glad I did not order one.
View Quote

Good call.

From the thread on TBN, their site would have likely let the purchase go though.  It only very recently stopped accepting payment.

Link Posted: 2/21/2024 9:40:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Duck_Hunt] [#24]
Another article came out today with information about attempting to shelter assets etc.

Judge grants temporary restraining order against Everything Attachments. Bank says Conover-based company owes nearly $10 million
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 10:30:07 AM EDT
[#25]
Literally looking a purchasing from them today!  Dodged a bullet
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 11:22:15 AM EDT
[#26]
Another article came out today with information about attempting to shelter assets etc.

Judge grants temporary restraining order against Everything Attachments. Bank says Conover-based company owes nearly $10 million
View Quote
A goddam pay site!  Why bother posting it???
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 12:17:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Merlin:
View All Quotes

Interesting. I didn’t have to pay.  Maybe try an incognito/private browser?
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 12:22:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Duck_Hunt] [#28]
Here is the article text for those of us who allow browser tracking.

A Wake County Superior Court judge has issued a temporary restraining order against the owner of Conover-based Everything Attachments and its parent company.

The motion was filed last week after Fidelity Bank sought a restraining order and a temporary injunction against the company earlier this month.

A hearing is set for Feb. 26 in Wake County.

Everything Attachments manufactures blades, buckets and other heavy equipment attachments.

In 2023, Fidelity Bank filed a lawsuit against Conover businessman Ted Corriher, T.C. Corriher Implement Company and Landshark Attachments to recover nearly $8 million from a construction loan, as well as a $1.5 million line of credit.

Court documents filed in Wake County show the bank is asking for repayment of the loan, as well as possession of the company’s inventory.

The latest court document, issued Feb. 14, said that defendants have transferred multiple real estate assets to immediate family members, and Ted Corriher appears to have diverted more than $700,000 in loan funds.

The document also said that based on evidence presented, Corriher is attempting to sell a lake house and restaurant property. The document says these actions would likely allow the defendants to remove the assets from the reach of a final judgment in the case.

Court documents filed by Fidelity Bank said Corriher transferred property to his son and wife.

In addition to the courtroom, Everything Attachments is facing scrutiny on other fronts.

Customers who ordered equipment months ago still have not received the paid-for items.

County tax records list the company as delinquent on a $52,152 tax bill.

The phone mailbox of the manufacturing plant on Emmanuel Church Road in Conover is full.

The court document outlines some of the frustrations of Fidelity Bank.

“Despite repeated demands, defendants have failed and refused to pay the indebtedness owing under the line of credit,” the court document says.

The bank lists Ted Corriher, Corriher Implement Company and Landshark Attachments as defendants in the case. Corriher Implement Company does business as Everything Attachments.

Court documents say the company requested and received more than $1 million from the construction loan to pay Neill Grading. Everything Attachments, the court documents say, did not fully pay Neill Grading and did not repay Fidelity.

In January 2023, Everything Attachments become embroiled in a dispute with Neill Grading about the quality of a 105,000-square-foot building. Everything Attachments ordered the building. Neill Grading did the work.

Corriher said in a previous Hickory Daily Record article that he could not get a certificate of occupancy on the building constructed by Neill Grading and was withholding payment.

The Fidelity lawsuit notes the building was not complete by Oct. 28, 2022, construction of the building had ceased and construction remains incomplete.

Fidelity is asking for $7,883,293.57 plus interest on the construction loan to be paid in full. Fidelity is also seeking more than $1.5 million due on a line of credit.
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 12:28:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: METT-T] [#29]
ETA: Beat.

I have a Chrome extension that allows you to toggle off Javascript for paysites, works 90% of the time.

I was looking hard at an EA grapple and just bought a cheaper one last month. Glad I did.
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 2:32:56 PM EDT
[#30]

Interesting. I didn’t have to pay.  Maybe try an incognito/private browser?
View Quote

Yeah, I'm using Brave and it worked fine.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 10:34:00 AM EDT
[#31]

A Wake County Superior Court judge has issued a temporary restraining order against the owner of Conover-based Everything Attachments and its parent company.

The motion was filed last week after Fidelity Bank sought a restraining order and a temporary injunction against the company earlier this month.

Everything Attachments manufactures blades, buckets and other heavy equipment attachments.

In 2023, Fidelity Bank filed a lawsuit against Conover businessman Ted Corriher, T.C. Corriher Implement Company and Landshark Attachments to recover nearly $8 million from a construction loan, as well as a $1.5 million line of credit.

Court documents filed in Wake County show the bank is asking for repayment of the loan, as well as possession of the company's inventory.

The latest court document, issued Feb. 14, said that defendants have transferred multiple real estate assets to immediate family members, and Ted Corriher appears to have diverted more than $700,000 in loan funds.

The document also said that based on evidence presented, Corriher is attempting to sell a lake house and restaurant property. The document says these actions would likely allow the defendants to remove the assets from the reach of a final judgment in the case.

Court documents filed by Fidelity Bank said Corriher transferred property to his son and wife.

In addition to the courtroom, Everything Attachments is facing scrutiny on other fronts.

Customers who ordered equipment months ago still have not received the paid-for items.

The phone mailbox of the manufacturing plant on Emmanuel Church Road in Conover is full.

"Despite repeated demands, defendants have failed and refused to pay the indebtedness owing under the line of credit," the court document says.

The bank lists Ted Corriher, Corriher Implement Company and Landshark Attachments as defendants in the case. Corriher Implement Company does business as Everything Attachments.

Court documents say the company requested and received more than $1 million from the construction loan to pay Neill Grading. Everything Attachments, the court documents say, did not fully pay Neill Grading and did not repay Fidelity.

In January 2023, Everything Attachments become embroiled in a dispute with Neill Grading about the quality of a 105,000-square-foot building. Everything Attachments ordered the building. Neill Grading did the work.

Corriher said in a previous Hickory Daily Record article that he could not get a certificate of occupancy on the building constructed by Neill Grading and was withholding payment.

The Fidelity lawsuit notes the building was not complete by Oct. 28, 2022, construction of the building had ceased and construction remains incomplete.

Fidelity is asking for $7,883,293.57 plus interest on the construction loan to be paid in full. Fidelity is also seeking more than $1.5 million due on a line of credit.
View Quote
Thank you.

Sounds like Ted is trying to hide assets from the inevitable court judgement.  Too bad, EA made good equipment; I have two of their implements and they are top notch.  The only complaint I've heard in the last 10 years is their "all up-front" payment policy.  Sounds like they pyramided their way to bankruptcy.  
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 11:35:54 AM EDT
[#32]
Thank you.

Sounds like Ted is trying to hide assets from the inevitable court judgement.  Too bad, EA made good equipment; I have two of their implements and they are top notch.  The only complaint I've heard in the last 10 years is their "all up-front" payment policy.  Sounds like they pyramided their way to bankruptcy.  
View All Quotes

Court documents filed in Wake County show the bank is asking for repayment of the loan, as well as possession of the company's inventory.

"Despite repeated demands, defendants have failed and refused to pay the indebtedness owing under the line of credit," the court document says.

Thank you.

Ayup.  I’ve never heard complaints about the equipment they made. It was top quality stuff

The frivolous spending is what got him. I mean the guy put palm trees on his boat dock and infront of his commercial buildings . Also the long history of ‘allegedly’ shitting contractors. Unfortunately this contractor (neill grading) has deeper pockets than him and had the means to fight back.

Link Posted: 2/22/2024 11:54:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: PA452] [#33]
Kind of interesting to see this play out online. For years since I first heard of Everything Attachments,  I hardly ever saw a bad word said about them, they were generally spoken of as the gold standard in terms of product and the company.  

Now this all comes out, and I see people online (not here,  referring to other places) rant about how Everything Attachments was always a shit company with a poor product and terrible business practices. The turnaround is kind of laughable, and pretty much perfectly fits the social media culture.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 12:58:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Duck_Hunt] [#34]
Kind of interesting to see this play out online. For years since I first heard of Everything Attachments,  I hardly ever saw a bad word said about them, they were generally spoken of as the gold standard in terms of product and the company.  

Now this all comes out, and I see people online (not here,  referring to other places) rant about how Everything Attachments was always a shit company with a poor product and terrible business practices. The turnaround is kind of laughable, and pretty much perfectly fits the social media culture.
View Quote

Yea, not saying they weren’t out there but I’ve never personally seen anyone bad mouth their products. I have seen a few bent grapples, but that had to be from very hard abuse.  I have heard many many people bad mouth the business practices.. going back a few decades now.

Now I’ve seen their products praised but never specifically their business/company side of things. Just because someone buys a piece of equipment and is pleased with the product doesn’t mean it’s a greatly run company or that the purchaser would have any knowledge of such.

In this case it appears it was a great product and a poorly run company.

Link Posted: 2/22/2024 2:13:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PA452] [#35]
Yea, not saying they weren’t out there but I’ve never personally seen anyone bad mouth their products. I have seen a few bent grapples, but that had to be from very hard abuse.  I have heard many many people bad mouth the business practices.. going back a few decades now.

Now I’ve seen their products praised but never specifically their business/company side of things. Just because someone buys a piece of equipment and is pleased with the product doesn’t mean it’s a greatly run company or that the purchaser would have any knowledge of such.

View Quote

In terms of how the company was run, I rarely read any comments about that, most people wouldn't know. But the comments I would see were rave reviews of their customer service, how you could call them up and chat with them about the best equipment for your machine, how they would send out replacement parts even when it was likely the damage was due to abuse, or send out updated parts to attachments free of charge, that sort of thing.

I just find it amusing how so many on social media are now acting like they always felt it was a terrible company with a subpar product.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 3:12:56 PM EDT
[#36]

In terms of how the company was run, I rarely read any comments about that, most people wouldn't know. But the comments I would see were rave reviews of their customer service, how you could call them up and chat with them about the best equipment for your machine, how they would send out replacement parts even when it was likely the damage was due to abuse, or send out updated parts to attachments free of charge, that sort of thing.

I just find it amusing how so many on social media are now acting like they always felt it was a terrible company with a subpar product.
View All Quotes

Correct. Unless you are local, you’re probably not going to know about it.  
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 1:16:33 AM EDT
[#37]
The only real time I've heard people bad-mouthing EA prior to this shitstorm was their requirement to pay-all-upfront when buying an implement that might not be made and delivered for 4-6 months, if not more.  There is a long-standing thread over on Orange Tractor Talks about it - although it might be locked by now.
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 6:51:44 AM EDT
[#38]
Paying in full at time of order for something that may take 6 months, nope.
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 8:25:08 AM EDT
[#39]
The only real time I've heard people bad-mouthing EA prior to this shitstorm was their requirement to pay-all-upfront when buying an implement that might not be made and delivered for 4-6 months, if not more.  There is a long-standing thread over on Orange Tractor Talks about it - although it might be locked by now.
View Quote

The business was not always ran like that IIRC. The paying in full at time of purchase came a little while after Ted inherited the business. It was a sign of financial straights, biting off more than can chew back then when that change was made.
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 8:55:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SteelonSteel] [#40]
View Quote

The Woods brand box blades are expensive but tanks.   I have a 5’ and no ragerts.   It was much cheaper than a land grader which likely is a better tool for my purpose of private driveway road maintenance.

@whiskerz
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 9:10:18 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By SteelonSteel:

The Woods box blades are expensive but tanks.

@whiskerz
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SteelonSteel:

The Woods box blades are expensive but tanks.

@whiskerz

They are nice.  I’d also suggest watching local auctions, CL, FB marketplace and local ag sites for classifieds.  I picked up a 700+lb 72” hinged back box blade for $425 last summer on a local FB marketplace ag auction group. I’m not looking at it now and can’t remember the make but iirc it’s a $2400 box blade new. One of those local FB Ag auction pages is how I got my tractor as well.
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 4:02:04 PM EDT
[#42]

The business was not always ran like that IIRC. The paying in full at time of purchase came a little while after Ted inherited the business. It was a sign of financial straights, biting off more than can chew back then when that change was made.
View All Quotes

My tractor history - and therefore EA history - only goes back almost 10 years since I moved to TN and bought my L4330.  During that time, EA has always been Ted C.  Well, and Peanut too.
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 10:23:13 PM EDT
[#43]
That sucks I’ve spent some coin with them and all products have been top notch
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 10:27:16 PM EDT
[#44]
My tractor history - and therefore EA history - only goes back almost 10 years since I moved to TN and bought my L4330.  During that time, EA has always been Ted C.  Well, and Peanut too.
View All Quotes

Time gets by but I’d say it was 15-20yrs ago when he inherited the business.
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 9:29:22 AM EDT
[#45]
Green Tractor Talk has a lengthy discussion about EA.

I got a 5’ landscape rake from them a few years back. It’s well built. Seemed like an up and coming player in the implement business.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 10:16:29 AM EDT
[#46]
Well F. I ordered a brush cutter from them in September. I just started calling last week to get an update, never got an answer.

I’ve ordered a lot from them in the last eight years, their attachments are great. Wonder if I’ll see my money.
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 3:04:32 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Eight:
Well F. I ordered a brush cutter from them in September. I just started calling last week to get an update, never got an answer.

I've ordered a lot from them in the last eight years, their attachments are great. Wonder if I'll see my money.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/25/2024 3:45:27 PM EDT
[#48]

I’ve ordered a lot from them in the last eight years, their attachments are great. Wonder if I’ll see my money.
View Quote

Man that sucks. The issue now is that ted was trying to dump/transfer assets to shelter from the Neil grading and Bank lawsuits. Once those flesh out I doubt there will be much left for people with outstanding orders. Hopefully you paid with a CC..
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 3:58:59 PM EDT
[#49]

Man that sucks. The issue now is that ted was trying to dump/transfer assets to shelter from the Neil grading and Bank lawsuits. Once those flesh out I doubt there will be much left for people with outstanding orders. Hopefully you paid with a CC..
View Quote

I did. I’m going to call my CC company tomorrow and see if they can do anything for me. It’s been 5 1/2 months. Kinda forgot about it since I didn’t need the cutter until spring. Glad I saw this thread.
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 8:00:41 PM EDT
[#50]

I did. I'm going to call my CC company tomorrow and see if they can do anything for me. It's been 5 1/2 months. Kinda forgot about it since I didn't need the cutter until spring. Glad I saw this thread.
View All Quotes

I did. I'm going to call my CC company tomorrow and see if they can do anything for me. It's been 5 1/2 months. Kinda forgot about it since I didn't need the cutter until spring. Glad I saw this thread.
Good luck!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top