Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/31/2024 2:25:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Epyon]
Going to go deer hunting this coming winter, and built a 450bm to do so. I have an epic ass-ton of USGI 20rd magazines, and I'd like to find a limiter I can insert into the magazine to make it legal to hunt with. (Ohio is 3rounds total). Does such a thing exist?

Nevermind. I figured it out.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 12:45:52 PM EDT
[#1]
1/4 wooden rod cut to required length
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 12:51:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Epyon:
Going to go deer hunting this coming winter, and built a 450bm to do so. I have an epic ass-ton of USGI 20rd magazines, and I'd like to find a limiter I can insert into the magazine to make it legal to hunt with. (Ohio is 3rounds total). Does such a thing exist?

View Quote

What did you find out?

I was under the impression that mag blockers were now unnecessary but DO NOT have more than 3 rds in a firearm.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 1:03:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Not needed, the law is that you can't have more than 3 rounds in the gun, but you do not need to have a physical limitation in magazines capable of holding more than that.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 1:09:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Ironmaker:

What did you find out?

I was under the impression that mag blockers were now unnecessary but DO NOT have more than 3 rds in a firearm.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Epyon:

What did you find out?

Correct, they're not needed.

Back when I built my 450, converting USGI 20rd mags with followers designed for single stack didn't seem to work as well as running 450BM specific mags. The feed lips are different IIRC. Maybe things have changed, as that was several years ago.

I run ASC .450BM 5rd mags (same size as a USGI 5.56 20rd) and just load three. Franklin Armory did extensive mag testing for the .450BM and the ASC were the most reliable. I have used mine since legal in Ohio, annual zero checks, and a few range trips for fun - 100% flawless.

Link Posted: 4/5/2024 10:56:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 5:53:24 AM EDT
[#6]

What did you find out?

View Quote

Basically what he said already. But I also found stl files for 3d printed followers, so I'm going to try using those before I go out and buy 450bm magazines.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 10:18:58 AM EDT
[#7]
When I needed to block a 20 rounder to limit it to 5 for hunting in a particular state, LEGO was my friend.  Just start snapping blocks together until you achieve the correct capacity.  Worked great.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top