[Last Edit: Rat_Patrol]
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 5:13:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 5:15:11 PM EDT
[#2]
FB market place prolly
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 11:21:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Put notes up in feed stores, "Heifer, will make fine breed stock".  4H club might provide some leads.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 11:57:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I don’t think there is a way to do this.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 12:24:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Any neighbors interested?  Or have you at least put the word out about what you are interested in doing?

I've had better luck selling to neighbors than posting random ads.  I've heard of websites trying to connect but with local farmers and ranches, but those are focused on the meat side of things I think.

Three of my sheep are currently enjoying a new yard near us, including one with a bum leg I was sure would have to go to my freezer.  Hurray for a neighbor's wife who wanted pets!
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 10:07:20 AM EDT
[#6]
By "she is small" do you mean smaller than normal heifers of her breed? If so, she may not make the best breeding stock due to calving difficulties. Which makes her a pet or destined for freezer camp. Finding people that want cattle for pets can be challenging but there are plenty of people that want them for pets.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 4:50:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 5:31:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 8:02:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Sell to someone with a calving ease bull.  If she is some small framed breed, find folks with that breed looking for heifers.  

But, understand, selling means just that.  The new owner is the new owner.  Freezer or breeder is their call.  

2 years old, not bred, is a big red flag.  Open 2 year olds are considered by many to be culls.  Unless it's some late maturing breed, some sellers assume she is either incapable of breeding or has some sorta defect so the original owner did not want to breed her.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top