User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 8
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 11:10:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 3:30:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: turtle2472] [#2]
I might just have to start a fungus thread.  In the mean time.... here is how our basement cultivation is doing:

That is our Pink Oysterling.  It just started fruiting a few days ago at most.  It wasn't "started" until a little more than a week ago IIRC.  The baskets are from a dollar store and filled with chopped straw from Tractor Supply.  Spawn is mixed in layers of straw.  Each basket is misted most evenings.

The question about termites, it hasn't been a problem yet.  We have the logs all up on treated lumber (mostly cull cart waste from Home Depot, ie cheap or free) but also diligence in keeping an eye on them.

The logs are all from a red oak we had to take out.  There are a few logs from last year that aren't oak, but I don't recall what they actually are.

Our stash of logs are mostly under a poplar, but also on the north west facing slope.  This means they pretty much stay shaded all day.  Woods to our west keep the sun from baking then in the late evening.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 7:53:55 AM EDT
[#3]
I planted some trees at my place back on March 2nd.  Two pecans and a sawtooth oak I got from the local soil and water conservation group.  Should they have sprouted by now?  The big pecan I have out here already has a bunch of leaves on it.  I've been watering them regularly and we've had a few good rains since then.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 1:02:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By mPisi:
If you see an owl on Christmas, it's good luck for the whole year right?
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/13081/IMG_0009_JPG-3078549.JPG
View Quote

I am saving all these pics by the nicknames I'm giving them.  There was the Christmas Owl and the Winter King Coyote.
Now it's the Easter Buzzard's turn!  He's late for Easter, like buzzards are always late to the party.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 10:34:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TexCorriente] [#5]
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 12:54:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kitties-with-Sigs] [#6]
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 12:56:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 1:01:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kitties-with-Sigs] [#8]
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 2:25:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TexCorriente] [#9]
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 3:02:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kitties-with-Sigs] [#10]
Page / 8
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top