Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/4/2023 6:57:00 PM EDT
I'm shopping for a smaller 20-25ft ish used travel trailer.  It will most likely be out at my hunting lease boondocked.   May take it on a trip or two through the year.

I have owned boats, motor cycles, atvs, etc. But never a travel trailer.

Would you buy a newer, say 2020-2022 unit with aluminum sides (the corrugated kind) or go to an older unit 2015-2017 to get into a fiberglass unit?

I am shopping in the 15k range.  So these aren't loaded out models.
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 7:16:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Urimaginaryfrnd] [#1]
Have a HiLo parked at the farm… it’s a fly trap.  If I did it over I would use an empty cargo trailer put an AC and a generator no windows and throw cots  inside. The less finish work the better. Dam coyotes eat the wires
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 7:29:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Urimaginaryfrnd:
Have a HiLo parked at the farm… it’s a fly trap.  If I did it over I would use an empty cargo trailer put an AC and a generator no windows and throw cots  inside. The less finish work the better. Dam coyotes eat the wires
View Quote

The wife and kids will be involved and we want a shower for when we do trip with it.
Link Posted: 8/6/2023 9:58:33 PM EDT
[#3]
I would focus more on the layout, but fiberglass are more dent resistant than the aluminum siding. Fiberglass isn’t without issues but it does look nicer.

I went for the newer aluminum option myself at first, but have since moved on from that trailer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top