Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/22/2024 10:39:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SWFLdude]
Going to Utah in a few weeks for an elopement. My fiancé and I will be flying to vegas on Wednesday. Staying there and driving to St. George Thursday morning. We’ll file all the paperwork for permits and licenses and then have an Airbnb in Veyo for thurs, fri, and sat night. Flying out early Monday morning from Vegas so we’ll be driving back Sunday evening/night from veyo to Vegas.

Having said that, I know it’s not a super long trip as most say you need to stay a full week to get the most out of a trip like this but our main goal is to spend a day in zion(Friday). Saturday evening is the elopement which will be in/near Snow Canyon. So are there any hidden gems or can’t miss spots we’ll have time for in the vicinity? I think we plan on hitting red cliff trails in St. George Thursday and another easy trail on the way to our Airbnb that we’ll pass right by(can’t recall the name). So maybe something for Sunday before heading back to vegas? Also, open to any food/eateries, shops, whatever to hit while we’re there.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 11:21:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Wolfpack] [#1]
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 11:41:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SWFLdude] [#2]
Veyo is just where we found an awesome barndo Airbnb. It was a little further away than we wanted to be but she fell in love with it in the pics. And it’s not a far drive from where we’re doing the ceremony in snow canyon.

Thanks for the suggestions, going to do some research and see if it fits.

*Rusty’s sounds like my kind of place…think it will go on the itinerary for dinner one night. Valley of Fire may be the ticket for Sunday on the way back to vegas. Thanks bud
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 1:46:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: coyotesilencer] [#3]
There is a neat short hike just out of Veyo called the "Vortex".

The pics don't do it justice but here is some info.
Vortex hike.

Veyo is known for the Veyo Pies and Veyo pool corndogs.

Between Veyo and Snow canyon is the Diamond Valley volcano. Trailhead on the highway by the Diamond Valley exit. Easy hike about 45-60min round trip. Awesome 360° view from the top.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 7:09:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By coyotesilencer:
There is a neat short hike just out of Veyo called the "Vortex".

The pics don't do it justice but here is some info.
Vortex hike.

Veyo is known for the Veyo Pies and Veyo pool corndogs.

Between Veyo and Snow canyon is the Diamond Valley volcano. Trailhead on the highway by the Diamond Valley exit. Easy hike about 45-60min round trip. Awesome 360° view from the top.
View Quote

Thanks, we were looking a Jenny’s canyon trail also, is it worth it? We should have a few hours Thursday to check out a couple small ones and may have to check out vortex. We did see the diamond valley as an option as well.
Top Top