Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/3/2022 1:31:46 PM EDT
I had a built lower laying around so I picked up a 16" Bear Ceeek Arsenal 350egend upper for my daughter to use for Ohio whitetail. I wasnt sure which optic to go with after scanning the internet and YouTube for imput so I took a Leupold VXR 1-4 off another safequeen to use. Well, now I'm thinking it'd be nice to have the VXR back on the gun I pulled it from, so I'm wondering what scope I should get for the 350L AR ? The local fin feather fur is having a sale on their scopes...nothing great but same as the online prices I see but you get a $25 gift card with the purchase of a scope....I'm looking at $300 max if the Leupold 350 BDC scope is heads and tails above the rest...
The (3) scopes I'm considering are:

1. Burris E1 3x9x40 350 Legend BDC Scope
2. Vortex Crossfire 2 3x9x50 350 Legend BDC
3. Leupold VX Freedom 350 Legend BDC scope

Which one would you buy? Vortex is $170, Burris is $190,  and Leupold is $300.....
Any other suggestions?
Link Posted: 11/3/2022 2:50:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm in the process of doing the same. Have you shot yours yet? Mine was a single shot - it absolutely would not chamber a second round. I tried that upper on three different known good lowers, tried a couple different brands of magazines, nothing helped. It shot nice groups at 100 yards but it jammed EVERY time. I sent it back to BCA and they are supposed to make it right.

Mine will be wearing a VX1 3-9x40 that I had extra until I'm sure it is reliable and then I'll probably pony up for the Leupold BDC option.
Link Posted: 11/3/2022 3:03:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Finnbear:
I'm in the process of doing the same. Have you shot yours yet? Mine was a single shot - it absolutely would not chamber a second round. I tried that upper on three different known good lowers, tried a couple different brands of magazines, nothing helped. It shot nice groups at 100 yards but it jammed EVERY time. I sent it back to BCA and they are supposed to make it right.

Mine will be wearing a VX1 3-9x40 that I had extra until I'm sure it is reliable and then I'll probably pony up for the Leupold BDC option.
View Quote

Ya, we probably have 60-70 shots through it so far...zero fail to fires, zero fail to feeds...and pretty darn accurate/consistent at 100yds. We are shooting Federal 180gr. out of it and I bought (2) 350 legend mags for it from a local shop.
Link Posted: 11/3/2022 3:22:29 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a Cabelas 1-6X24 scope that is a little on the heavy side but rugged, and came with the mount for $200.   It has capped turrets and an illuminated reticle.

It has been on a 5.56 AR and a 223 bolt gun.  The BDC reticle is for 5.56 but according to Strelok, is close out to 300 with the load you are running.
Link Posted: 11/3/2022 6:17:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Leupold.
Link Posted: 11/3/2022 7:22:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Leupold
Link Posted: 11/5/2022 5:40:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RogueSpear2023] [#6]
Of those choices the Luepold.

Crossfire II uses Chinese glass, not the clearest, but it's okay. I have a bunch of them, but prefer my Viper scopes for hunting.
Link Posted: 11/6/2022 5:47:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Onlyaspike:

Ya, we probably have 60-70 shots through it so far...zero fail to fires, zero fail to feeds...and pretty darn accurate/consistent at 100yds. We are shooting Federal 180gr. out of it and I bought (2) 350 legend mags for it from a local shop.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Onlyaspike:

BCA sent my upper back with a new barrel on it. It took about a week and a half round trip. This one cycles as it should and I put 30 rounds through it today. With my old tired eyes and off the shelf cheap ammo, it grouped about 1-5/8" at 100. I'm plenty happy with that. It sorely needs a better trigger. I just used a milspec lpk I had on hand when I put it together.
Link Posted: 11/7/2022 7:15:30 PM EDT
[#8]

BCA sent my upper back with a new barrel on it. It took about a week and a half round trip. This one cycles as it should and I put 30 rounds through it today. With my old tired eyes and off the shelf cheap ammo, it grouped about 1-5/8" at 100. I'm plenty happy with that. It sorely needs a better trigger. I just used a milspec lpk I had on hand when I put it together.
View Quote

Sounds good. I shot a couple 2rd 100 yrd groups Saturday with mine....1st 2 shots were in 1 egg shaped hole...lol...I talked instant shit to my daughter and her boyfriend....lol.
My next couple groups were still nice but near 1.5"....also with off the shelf 180gr. Federal Deer Season XP.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 10:45:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ScottyPotty] [#9]
Deer seem to always come around me at dusk, so I get a lot of shots right before the end of legal shooting.  I try to find the best light transmitting scope available in my budget.
Link Posted: 11/14/2022 8:35:43 PM EDT
[#10]
I have a Vortex Diamondback 3x9 on mine ($250 from Academy). Decent optic for the price.

I'm A Leupold guy but they were sold out.

I like a 3x9 on a hunting rifle. Its pretty unlikely I take a shot so close I need less then 3 power. On the flip side if I'm about to take a shot at 100-150 yards (Max I'd go with a .350 legend) I like the ability to get some zoom.
Link Posted: 11/15/2022 5:50:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Went to Fin Feather Fur and compared all 3 side by side....ended up buying the Burris. Glass clarity on the Burris was the same as the Leupold , both were better than the Vortex. The Burris was $189 and the Leupold was $299...ended up paying $204 after tax and got a $25 gift card with the purchase.  Sighted it in Sunday....ready to go.
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 8:31:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 5:34:53 PM EDT
[#13]
There is a member in the EE selling 2x Vortex Vipers at $175 ea. Probably better than the crossfire.

Of the options mentioned, the Leupold, but I don’t like the turrets at all on my freedom rimfire. Super light though.
Top Top