Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/7/2021 6:24:32 AM EDT
Is it the same as the gun lube discussion?
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 7:07:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 8:03:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Hullturth is what you seek

I use a combination of marine grease and corrosionx
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 8:47:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: OverScoped] [#3]
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 9:15:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Krytox
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 12:15:32 PM EDT
[#5]
I use Shimano grease and Hedgehog Alchemy oil in all of my baitcasters, works great. My bass gear gets used inshore and usually do a full tear down to clean and re-lube after my annual week long trip to the salt. Day trips, I'll just lightly rinse them and throw a drop of oil in the bearings after. Never had any corrosion issues doing that and some of my reels are over 10 years old now with no part replacements.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 9:17:44 PM EDT
[#6]
I like CorrosionX.  They have a good oil as well that plays nice with the grease.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 9:53:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By WJangler04:
I use Shimano grease and Hedgehog Alchemy oil in all of my baitcasters, works great. My bass gear gets used inshore and usually do a full tear down to clean and re-lube after my annual week long trip to the salt. Day trips, I'll just lightly rinse them and throw a drop of oil in the bearings after. Never had any corrosion issues doing that and some of my reels are over 10 years old now with no part replacements.
View Quote

@WJangler04  where do you buy your Hedgehog Alchemy oil?
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 9:46:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: WJangler04] [#8]
Originally Posted By Robertesq1:

@WJangler04  where do you buy your Hedgehog Alchemy oil?
View Quote
@Robertesq1 I ordered from Tackle Trap. These guys are great and are very active on the bass fishing forum I frequent, bass boat central.

https://tackletrap.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=898_2350&products_id=6526

ETA - The link is to the ultra light, which is what I use in my baitcasters. If it's going in a spinning reel, I'd go with the medium light since casting performance isn't dependent upon bearings.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 11:22:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By WJangler04:
@Robertesq1 I ordered from Tackle Trap. These guys are great and are very active on the bass fishing forum I frequent, bass boat central.

https://tackletrap.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=898_2350&products_id=6526

ETA - The link is to the ultra light, which is what I use in my baitcasters. If it's going in a spinning reel, I'd go with the medium light since casting performance isn't dependent upon bearings.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/19/2021 1:23:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By dj1975232:
I like CorrosionX.  They have a good oil as well that plays nice with the grease.
View Quote

I second CorrosionX. I get the grease in the large 14oz tube and then fill syringes for application.
I also put the oil into a syringe for application.
Top Top