Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/6/2024 12:03:43 PM EDT
I got an e-mail from them that they have free shipping until April, 5, and they also have some deals on bundles. Woodland Mills sale

I got one of their 6" chippers a few months ago, and have been happy with it. I've been waiting for another free shipping offer to order a stump grinder, which I did this morning. The free shipping saves you $199, so it's not a huge discount, but it's the best deal I've seen from them since I've been watching.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 12:33:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BFskinner] [#1]
I have their smallest mill and have been happy with it.   The free shipping is nice but Woodland has always had very reasonable shipping charges as the OP noted.  Still a couple of hundred saved is a couple of hundred you can spend on blades.  I wish they extended the free shipping to the track extensions

Link Posted: 3/6/2024 1:34:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BFskinner:
I have their smallest mill and have been happy with it.   The free shipping is nice but Woodland has always had very reasonable shipping charges as the OP noted.  Still a couple of hundred saved is a couple of hundred you can spend on blades.  I wish they extended the free shipping to the track extensions

View Quote

I think those ship free as well. Try adding them to the cart and going to checkout.

I should have mentioned in my first post, I'm not affiliated with them except as a satisfied customer!
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 7:47:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Free shipping on the stump grinders as well.  We picked up one last year & it worked well even on the JD 1025R.  It's rated for 15-45 hp pto's.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 6:03:45 AM EDT
[#4]
How is the Woodland mills stump grinder vs say the Baumalight 1P24?

This would be run by my 1026R
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 6:49:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Volstag:

I think those ship free as well. Try adding them to the cart and going to checkout.

I should have mentioned in my first post, I'm not affiliated with them except as a satisfied customer!
View Quote

Nope, $319 for the extension and $200 for shipping.  

For that I can buy the extra angle iron to build a longer dedicated track fixed track and just move the saw head onto it so I don't have to rebuild my current portable trailer setup.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 6:56:19 AM EDT
[#6]
I got an e-mail from them that they have free shipping until April, 5, and they also have some deals on bundles. Woodland Mills sale

I got one of their 6" chippers a few months ago, and have been happy with it. I've been waiting for another free shipping offer to order a stump grinder, which I did this morning. The free shipping saves you $199, so it's not a huge discount, but it's the best deal I've seen from them since I've been watching.
View Quote
@Volstag Is it the WC68? How is it?

I see they recommend it be used with a 20+ PTO tractor. Do you think it would still work ok with my 1026R that has 18hp PTO?
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 9:29:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By BFskinner:

Nope, $319 for the extension and $200 for shipping.  

For that I can buy the extra angle iron to build a longer dedicated track fixed track and just move the saw head onto it so I don't have to rebuild my current portable trailer setup.
View Quote

You're correct. When I put it in the cart, it shows $0 for shipping, but once I get to the payment page, it's the full $199. Kinda sucks, because that's not that big of a part to ship.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 9:39:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By PA-Minuteman:
@Volstag Is it the WC68? How is it?

I see they recommend it be used with a 20+ PTO tractor. Do you think it would still work ok with my 1026R that has 18hp PTO?
View Quote

Yes, I have the WC68. I'm using a Kubota L4701, which is 40+ hp at the pto. Mine doesn't even notice the load, no matter what I feed in. The only problems I've had, were trying to chip up fresh pine and cedar. A 4" branch goes fine, but when you get to the small branches full of needles, it can clog up the discharge. It doesn't actually shred the needles, it just blows them on through. The cedars, unless you trim all the branches off, just hang in the feed chute. They are just too big and bulky to get pulled in intact, not really surprising.

I mainly got this chipper to handle the Autumn Olives I'm cutting. It does a great job on them, as long as you either knick big forks with the chainsaw, or cut them off and feed them separately. A lot of time, I can feed an entire 2-3" tree in with no trimming.

A smaller tractor like yours might run it, but you will definitely have to slow the feed down, and possibly pause on bigger stuff.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 10:42:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By PA-Minuteman:
How is the Woodland mills stump grinder vs say the Baumalight 1P24?

This would be run by my 1026R
View Quote

Pretty similar, but the woodland mills is maybe 100lb heavier (baumalight is 350lb. Shipping weight on woodland mills is 500lb.). I think number of teeth & diameter are the same. I have no complaints with the woodland mills.

With the 1025R I would have needed to shorten the pto shaft if I had not been using Pat's Quick Hitch, but otherwise plug & play.  Baumalight notes some tractors with short lift arms could require an extension kit.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 8:40:59 AM EDT
[#10]

View Quote

They finally offer the Multilander™ ATV/UTV Dump Trailer!

Too bad I’m in the middle of moving now so timing is wrong for me. But maybe soon
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top