Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/13/2024 2:06:43 PM EDT
So far I been really impressed with my BMR, haven’t shot any match grade ammo through it yet and so far out of everything else I tried the CCI suppressor ammo has gave me pretty good results and today shot my best 5 shot group at 50yds with it. Also tried some CCI mini mags and they didn’t shoot as well.

My setup is Bergara BMR steel barrel
Vortex HS-T 4-16x44 in weaver 30mm rings
Factory trigger way it came, will have a timney for it Friday
Rigged oculus suppressor

Link Posted: 2/13/2024 3:00:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Wait until you shoot match grade ammo, and a better trigger.  I love my BMR...shoots nearly as well as my B14R.
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 3:50:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AT-ST83:
Wait until you shoot match grade ammo, and a better trigger.  I love my BMR...shoots nearly as well as my B14R.
View Quote

Have a new Timney 8oz HIT trigger coming for my Remington 700 and will use the Timney from that set at 2# for this gun. Next up some quality ammo to see how that shoots.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 12:21:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By arjohnson:

Have a new Timney 8oz HIT trigger coming for my Remington 700 and will use the Timney from that set at 2# for this gun. Next up some quality ammo to see how that shoots.
View Quote

You'll be very pleased with the HIT trigger, it's what I run in all my 700 based bolt guns, including my BMR.  My BMR seems to prefer Lapua based ammunition, but does show some surprisingly decent accuracy with CCI standard and Norma TAC.

To get as much out of my BMR as I could I put it in to a Boyd's Pro Varmint, the Bergara stock just felt too small and light.

Link Posted: 2/14/2024 5:00:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By DarkStar:

You'll be very pleased with the HIT trigger, it's what I run in all my 700 based bolt guns, including my BMR.  My BMR seems to prefer Lapua based ammunition, but does show some surprisingly decent accuracy with CCI standard and Norma TAC.

To get as much out of my BMR as I could I put it in to a Boyd's Pro Varmint, the Bergara stock just felt too small and light.

https://i.imgur.com/y5EVIIF.jpg

View Quote

That looks really good.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 8:48:58 PM EDT
[#5]
My bergara loves sk standard.
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 12:06:06 PM EDT
[#6]
To me that is part of the appeal of .22 precision rifles. Trying out different ammo to see what your rifle likes. With all the different loads out there you can stay busy for a long time. Heck, even if load does not shoot well its still a great time.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 10:28:12 PM EDT
[#7]
My BMR likes SK standard plus and Norma Tac 22. My go to was CCI standard which is so so. The other 2 mentioned is by far more consistent than the CCI.

Really wanting a Triggertech diamond and maybe the Boyd's stock. I have added weight to the factory stock and it has helped quite a bit.

Very pleased with it so far especially for the price compared with the B14r which I was considering. Using an Arken EPl 4 scope and a 0 moa rail. Couldn't use the factory 30 moa rail. Shooting about 6 inches high at 50 yards.
Link Posted: Yesterday 4:35:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By arjohnson:

View Quote

@arjohnson

Any trouble installing the Timney HIT into your rifle?

I was thinking about getting that model or the TriggerTech Diamond.  I inquired with TT about it and got the following response from their CS folks...

"We do not typically suggest our triggers for the BMR due to a very tight trigger mounting channel in most cases.  The triggers housing spec with respect to the mounting portion of the trigger is .305" +/- .002". We would strongly recommend measuring both the trigger, and the mounting channel at both mounting positions to determine compatibility more accurately, at which point we would be able to say more confidently if the trigger will work."
Link Posted: Yesterday 5:43:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Burnsome-:

@arjohnson

Any trouble installing the Timney HIT into your rifle?

I was thinking about getting that model or the TriggerTech Diamond.  I inquired with TT about it and got the following response from their CS folks...

"We do not typically suggest our triggers for the BMR due to a very tight trigger mounting channel in most cases.  The triggers housing spec with respect to the mounting portion of the trigger is .305" +/- .002". We would strongly recommend measuring both the trigger, and the mounting channel at both mounting positions to determine compatibility more accurately, at which point we would be able to say more confidently if the trigger will work."
View Quote

The Timney was tight installing in my BMR compared to my Remington 700 but it fit and has functioned without issue.
Link Posted: Yesterday 6:32:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Awesome. Thanks

Just ordered one
Top Top