Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/22/2023 11:24:25 AM EDT
Just received my b14 ridge which is replacing my old reliable 700 adl.  Looking to reach out a bit farther while hunting.  Bought it for the barreled action and swapped it into my existing magpul hunter stock.  Topped with a vortex viper hst.  The trigger seems nice.  Definitely way better than the oem on the 700 adl.

I have the opportunity to pick up a timney trigger for $75.  Looks like it's the basic bitch with the straight trigger shoe.

The question I'm here to ask is... Is the timney actually an upgrade over the bergara oem trigger?  I have a few aftermarket triggers on various guns..  And the bergara sure seems closer to those than most oem triggers.  Enough so that I don't plan on dropping big dollars on the trigger tech or other higher end triggers..  But if the $75 will get me an upgrade... Well sure!

TIA.
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 8:50:30 AM EDT
[#1]
I can't say what the b14 trigger feels like but definitely know about 700 ADLs. If it were me it would be worth the $75 to buy it. Even if it's not better than the Bergara which it probably is, you can put it in the 700. I've replaced all 3 of my 700s with the TT Independence Day triggers that go on sale @ 4th of July and have Timneys in a couple of Vanguards and a couple ARs. You can't go wrong with a Timneys and for $75 you would be stupid not to jump on it. Good luck
Link Posted: 8/24/2023 7:30:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I changed the trigger on my B14 HMR, but I swapped it for a B&A.
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 4:20:16 PM EDT
[#3]
i had a b14 ridge that had a nice trigger also , couldn't bring myself to change it out on a hunting rifle

the trigger on my r700 , yeah that got swapped out for a trigger tech
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 8:00:58 PM EDT
[#4]
B14 premier. I'm not changing anything.  It's the best rifle trigger I've ever used.  

Granted I'm not expert I can't see anything to improve
Top Top