Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/26/2024 7:53:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FoxValleyTacDriver]
Just picked up a Solus action built with a PVA barrel I ordered back on black Friday.

It appears that with my trigger tech installed on the hanger, the bolt will not close unless I hold the trigger to the rear. I pulled the hanger out, made sure everything was installed correctly, and put it back in. Same issue. Bolt will not close unless the trigger is held to the rear.

What should I be looking at to resolve this? Is there something I'm not seeing?

Edit: After Adjusting the trigger the bolt will close. But it won't release the firing pin when the trigger is pulled...
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 10:56:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Pull the firing pin from the bolt and then reinstall it and see if that fix's the problem.

Link Posted: 2/27/2024 10:51:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Is the bolt release properly installed?

That may be the problem.
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 11:15:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FoxValleyTacDriver] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Blindeye:
Is the bolt release properly installed?

That may be the problem.
View Quote

Can't see how it wouldn't be. The bolt closes now but nothing happens when I pull the trigger. I tried adjusting the trigger to the lightest and heaviest settings and it didn't make a difference.

I'll upload a video later. I'm not sure if the bolt isn't getting cocked, or if it's failing to release the pin.

I'll try pulling the bolt apart again tonight. I tried for a minute last night following a video but it didn't seem like it wanted to come apart.
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 8:46:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Lost_Phil:
Pull the firing pin from the bolt and then reinstall it and see if that fix's the problem.

View Quote

The bolt will not disassemble. I've watched videos and they simply rotate 1/4 turn and it pulls out. Mine won't do that. I can pull on it as hard as I can and twist to every degree and it just doesn't come out no matter how it's oriented.
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 9:08:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: isptroop38] [#5]
I’ve handled a half dozen Solus actions and it’s very easy to have the bolt handle turn part ways in the body.  If it’s not cocked and aligned, it won’t go all the way forward.  Yours looks to be the same - the portion of the bolt visible in the ejection port should be at the very bottom aligned at 6 o’clock. You need to turn the handle in the bolt body by pulling back on it while holding the body. Use a vise with a soft jaws/rubber insert if needed.

ETA - I just reread your post - not sure what you have going on there.
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 9:41:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FoxValleyTacDriver] [#6]
Originally Posted By isptroop38:
I’ve handled a half dozen Solus actions and it’s very easy to have the bolt handle turn part ways in the body.  If it’s not cocked and aligned, it won’t go all the way forward.  Yours looks to be the same - the portion of the bolt visible in the ejection port should be at the very bottom aligned at 6 o’clock. You need to turn the handle in the bolt body by pulling back on it while holding the body. Use a vise with a soft jaws/rubber insert if needed.

ETA - I just reread your post - not sure what you have going on there.
View Quote

Okay so, the bolt is cocked with the red indicator, and pulling the trigger isn't releasing it. So the trigger isn't causing it to drop.

So a trigger compatibility issue then maybe? Everything I've read says triggertech rem clone triggers will work with it.
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 10:30:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By FoxValleyTacDriver:

Okay so, the bolt is cocked with the red indicator, and pulling the trigger isn't releasing it. So the trigger isn't causing it to drop.

So a trigger compatibility issue then maybe? Everything I've read says triggertech rem clone triggers will work with it.
View Quote

I doubt it is your issue if you cannot pull the firing pin assembly from the bolt. I would see if you can decock the pin by turning it counterclockwise in the bolt. If it does decock, then I would try turning it clockwise and see if you can remove it. If you cannot, something is jammed, and you will need to see what Aero Precision says on how to correct it.

Also, I have a Trigger Tech Primary in my Solus and it works fine, though I did have to remove the factory REM bolt release leaver off of it before I installed it.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 6:14:59 PM EDT
[#8]
I was able to get the assembly apart with some work. The firing pin still will not drop no matter what.

The only thing I can visibly see that might be wrong, is it's missing a brass bushing that I've seen on every other picture of this assembly. The cams are locked up solid. Also a weird circle of missing material on the pin itself.

Mine:

Attachment Attached File

Other pictures with bushing

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 8:50:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Lost_Phil] [#9]
I was able to get the assembly apart with some work. The firing pin still will not drop no matter what.

The only thing I can visibly see that might be wrong, is it's missing a brass bushing that I've seen on every other picture of this assembly. The cams are locked up solid. Also a weird circle of missing material on the pin itself.

Mine:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/285899/Z2HCyokK_jpeg-3144203.JPG

Other pictures with bushing

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/285899/hdfrtyhdrtyrsth_png-3144206.JPG
View Quote

It looks like the brass bushing broke and wedge itself against the firing pin in the bolt. That is why you see that ring of nitride rubbed off on the shaft of the firing pin. I would send your pictures into Airo Precision customer support and have them fix it.

The action I just got still has the brass bushing...FYI

Link Posted: 3/3/2024 12:37:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FoxValleyTacDriver] [#10]
I have been trying to get an RMA from Aero and it's a pain.

They don't answer phones. They don't answer emails. Their CS team states they don't communicate with the warranty team and that you just have to wait for the warranty crew to reply to you via email.

I reached out to them right away on monday and got no response. Reached out again wednesday. Another warranty guy emailed me on thursday asking me to confirm my address. After doing that I got ghosted.

I've talked up Aero for years and have quite a few NFA items stamped with their name. But this is my first time dealing with their CS and warranty and I have to say I'm disappointed. Any other company would have had an RMA in my email the same day. With these guys I'm hoping I get an RMA label this coming week. Maybe I'll have to put in more tickets, the CS guys just seem clueless unfortunately.

I always check guns out when I'm signing at the ffl but this was a barreled assembly with no trigger.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 12:52:19 PM EDT
[#11]
I’m surprised about Aero’s behavior; I honestly expected better (and I believe you).

I’ve never purchased a complete rifle from and I doubt I will for the foreseeable future.

Disappointing.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 3:22:07 PM EDT
[#12]
I’m surprised about Aero’s behavior; I honestly expected better (and I believe you).

I’ve never purchased a complete rifle from and I doubt I will for the foreseeable future.

Disappointing.
View Quote

Still no answer today.

I guess we will just keep waiting.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 5:52:03 PM EDT
[#13]

Still no answer today.

View Quote

Go over to the Snipers Hide and post in the "Thoughts on the Aero Precision SOLUS" thread. The guy that designed it post there and will give you some help. As for their support being lacking, I think they did not anticipate the Solus taking off as well as it did and has overwhelmed them.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 8:40:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: sparkyD] [#14]

Still no answer today.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Disappointing.

Still no answer today.

Have you tried their chat bot? I did the other day and had quick responses.
Edit it looks like it’s been taken down.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 6:59:08 PM EDT
[#15]
I ended up getting contacted today with an RMA fedex label.

But when I went to drop it off at the local walgreens they said it was flagged as needing to get dropped at a fedex hub. Assuming it got flagged as a gun/gun part.

Closest one is an hour away. The solus Aero is the gift that keeps on giving. Hopefully she shoots well when I finally get it back, have to run to the fedex hub later in the week when I'm off.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 1:01:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Both of mine look like yours, no bushing. Do you have another trigger to try or vice versa? Triggertech could be the issue.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 12:06:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FoxValleyTacDriver] [#17]
Originally Posted By ARShooter91:
Both of mine look like yours, no bushing. Do you have another trigger to try or vice versa? Triggertech could be the issue.
View Quote

Yep I tested two known and working triggers. Swapped them between a bergara and this. Both worked in the bergara just fine.

Even if the bushing was normal how is the firing pin still charged with the assembly removed. When I put it back in the bolt it spins freely with no resistance. Somethings jammed in there. Have to wait a week until Aero gets it and see what they say. Hopefully they put a working assembly in and send it back right away.

The solus is also brand new how are there already versions with and without a bushing. I'd wager they forget to put it on yours during assembly.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 11:19:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FoxValleyTacDriver] [#18]
nothing yet.

They've had the bolt for a while. Should be a quick deal. Swap the assembly and ship it back. At this point it's almost been a month since I initially reached out to them.

Really not impressed with Aero CS. No sense of urgency and poor comms. I could name a dozen manufacturers that would have given me an RMA on day one and had a replacement in my hand within a week.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 4:09:55 PM EDT
[#19]
nothing yet.

They've had the bolt for a while. Should be a quick deal. Swap the assembly and ship it back. At this point it's almost been a month since I initially reached out to them.

Really not impressed with Aero CS. No sense of urgency and poor comms. I could name a dozen manufacturers that would have given me an RMA on day one and had a replacement in my hand within a week.
View Quote

I haven’t had an issue with mine but I am following to see what the outcome is.  Disappointing how slow their customer service has been.  Thanks for the update and I hope they get you squared away soon.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 9:53:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FoxValleyTacDriver] [#20]
Bolt came back late last week and it functioned. They replaced the assembly. Not sure what exactly the issue was with the other one they didn't say.

Spent Friday trying to put some rounds down range. Not super successful but I was just getting used to the rifle.

Then this afternoon I shot this 10 round group, 5 7/16 at 615 yards with factory SMKs. Not happy with the run around I got from Aero but atleast I got a rifle I'm happy with at the end of it. Can't wait to see what handloads do.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 11:01:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Good deal man, yeah reloads should take out a lot of that vertical. I've been impressed with several of the Solus stock barrels after having my doubts.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 11:10:18 AM EDT
[#22]
Good deal.  Does new fp assembly have the bronze washer?  My solus barreled action from pva should ship today or tomorrow.  22" med palma 22creed.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 8:16:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FoxValleyTacDriver] [#23]
Originally Posted By DH243:
Good deal.  Does new fp assembly have the bronze washer?  My solus barreled action from pva should ship today or tomorrow.  22" med palma 22creed.
View Quote

My original one did apparently but it was broke off. The new one does not. They stated in the email that they changed the spring they are using now and removed the brass/bronze piece.
Top Top