Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/25/2022 3:18:31 PM EDT
For those who may know the answer to this, I have a Mark V magnum action I would like to switchbarrel.  I understand the thread and pitch is the same as the Remington 700.  Are there reasons this won't work?  Chambering will be 300 Win Mag.
Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 3:53:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tightlines49] [#1]
I have a WBY 300 magnum, and as far as I know all of the magic is in the action and the bolt due to the number of, and strength of the locking lugs.

I can understand wanting to tame the recoil. And of course shooting a more economical round. Or maybe to dispel the perceived fuddiness of the overall package.

It just seems like a shame to to try to turn a thoroughbred in to a pack horse.  But I am a proud boomer that loves all guns, fudd or not. Especially ones with beautiful, graceful wooden stocks.
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 5:02:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By tightlines49:
I have a WBY 300 magnum, and as far as I know all of the magic is in the action and the bolt due to the number of, and strength of the locking lugs.

I can understand wanting to tame the recoil. And of course shooting a more economical round. Or maybe to dispel the perceived fuddiness of the overall package.

It just seems like a shame to to try to turn a thoroughbred in to a pack horse.  But I am a proud boomer that loves all guns, fudd or not. Especially ones with beautiful, graceful wooden stocks.
View Quote

No I have the action not a 300 Weatherby Mag.  I’ve already got a 300 Win Mag so I don’t want the 300 Weatherby Mag.
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 5:52:45 PM EDT
[#3]
My bad.

Looks like the sky is the limit as long as the action length works for you. Your action should be able to handle most anything that you can reasonably throw at it.
Top Top