Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/9/2024 11:36:47 PM EDT
I just purchased an older NightForce 3.5-15x50 NXS at an estate sale. It was apparently stored in a barn for a good long while. It is covered in fine dust and appears that condensation has "glued" the dust to the scope. I think the aluminum will be easy enough to clean. My question is how do I clean the glass without scratching it? I feel that standard cleaning cloths, wipes, cotton swabs would hold the dust and act as an abrasive.

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 12:18:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Soak in warm water, rinse and repeat until clean.

Link Posted: 3/10/2024 9:20:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Windex??
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 9:30:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FoxValleyTacDriver] [#3]
Use air first.

Then a horse hair brush (lens pen) to try and sweep what's left off

Then spray with zeiss lens fluid and use lens paper. If there's still debris after the brush gently wipe accrossed with a few fresh sheets before doing any circular motions. That way any debris held isn't scratching.

That's how I clean all of my high dollar lenses
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 9:31:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By LittleAugieMo:
Windex??
View Quote

Windex can destroy certain lens coating.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 12:52:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 3:21:24 PM EDT
[#6]
You could always send it to nightforce for a once over. They can probably replace seals, grease the turrets and repurge the scope while cleaning it if you believe it's been in some adverse conditions for an extended period of time.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 3:49:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 8:25:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Wangstang:
You could always send it to nightforce for a once over. They can probably replace seals, grease the turrets and repurge the scope while cleaning it if you believe it's been in some adverse conditions for an extended period of time.
View Quote

Yeah. I'm in no hurry. This probably best option. Thanks everyone.
Top Top