Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/5/2023 10:16:25 PM EDT
I have an older savage 17hmr that needs some upgrades. I’m thinking some form of a chassis to replace the cheap plastic stock, one of the bsa sweet 17 scopes and probably a refinish.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a chassis for it? I would prefer one that doesn’t have a buffer tube stick setup on it.

And does anyone have any experience with a bsa sweet 17? Anything I should be concerned with or to look out for .

I’m sorry this is posted in the .22 precision section, but I didn’t see a general rimfire precision forum, so this seemed like the place to post it. My bad.
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 11:14:39 PM EDT
[#1]
The best 100 yard five shot group I ever shot was from my 9317 in a Boyd's Baracuda Stock.
Get what fits.
Link Posted: 8/6/2023 6:21:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: VASCAR2] [#2]
I have the BSA Sweet 17 scope and I really like it.  There are at least three versions.  One version has turret settings for both 17 & 20 grain projectiles.   Mine has a simple cross hair, adjustable objective and turrets for setting range.   I’ve shot steel targets at 300 yards on a calm day.   I’m using the plastic stock with a lace on leather cheek riser and a Harris bipod.    I’ve used a 17 HMR to eliminate more pest than any other caliber.

Here is a link to the scope I use.   They have one 3-12 which has turret settings for 17 & 20 grains plus a 3-12 with lighted reticle.

https://bsaoptics.com/product/sweet-17-3-12x40-adjustable-objective-scope/
Link Posted: 8/6/2023 6:51:02 PM EDT
[#3]
The only chassis that might fit is the Oryx without a buffer tube.
Link Posted: 8/20/2023 6:18:40 PM EDT
[#4]
It just needs a refresh, I’m pretty sure the Harris bipod and 1950’s weaver scope on it are toast.
Top Top