Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2024 8:54:39 AM EDT
I have a .223 stagger feed, (mag body attached to action) 110 Savage long action, heavy barrel, I want to put in a Oryx chassis.
Is there some way to feed .223 in the long action mags?, adaptor?, insert?

Make it a single shot,
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 9:17:56 AM EDT
[#1]
If a person has the machinist skills they should be able to machine an aluminum block to make a spacer with a new magazine release. Then use the AICS .223 magazine. The magazine release is held in by a roll pin. If you could machine the new release to be attached by the roll pin in theory it might work. Other than that the single shot tray is the other option.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 9:33:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Greybeard] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By sparkyD:
If a person has the machinist skills they should be able to machine an aluminum block to make a spacer with a new magazine release. Then use the AICS .223 magazine. The magazine release is held in by a roll pin. If you could machine the new release to be attached by the roll pin in theory it might work. Other than that the single shot tray is the other option.
View Quote

Thanks for the idea, no machining equipment past Dremel and drill press.

Asking because I recall someone else had found a way to feed .223 from the AI mags, in a long action savage, can't remember who or where I saw the post
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 9:28:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Greybeard:

Asking because I recall someone else had found a way to feed .223 from the AI mags, in a long action savage, can't remember who or where I saw the post
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Greybeard:
Originally Posted By sparkyD:

The other way I told you before is to take two magazines and cut the back off of one and tig weld it to the other one is cost prohibiting and hit or miss on fit. The guy who did this used PTG bottom metal and it was not a good solution. My Chinesium lath mill combo is not quite accurate enough for me to try this yet.
Top Top