Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/30/2024 9:57:35 AM EDT
The RAT stock is not bad, so this may be somewhat of a cosmetic exercise (a bit more weight on the back will be nice as well), but it just seems like a 22" 6.5 creed should have a precision adjustable stock.

I got the B5 "short" based on the manufacturer's description that this is the one that should be used on AR10 type rifles.
It is not even close to the right dimensions.  I'd say there is ~2" of clearance between the retracted charging handle and the cheek piece, and my cheek weld falls far forward of the cheek piece on the stock.

I'm wondering if anyone else has had this experience, and which stock you ended up with, and how you picked it online without having all of them in front of you to try.
TIA
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 7:12:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 7:27:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Skg_Mre_Lght:
For my precision DMR type rifles (16" 308 and 556), I still use SOPMOD collapsible stocks.  Cheek weld is fine with the right optic mount, and it doesn't  hurt my precision or accuracy.

For my longer barreled 6.5C gassers, I have stuck with the PRS.  I do add the shorter LOP pad from Kick Eez, because it is too long even at 6' tall to get it centered in my body for precision work.  I understand that the PRS Lite is shorter than the normal PRS.
View Quote

I’m running the PRS lite on my 6Arc build. It actually works well with my cheekbone. No problem with eye box and cheek weld positions.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 3:58:06 PM EDT
[#3]
B5 makes a cheek piece that allows you to extend the existing piece.

https://b5systems.com/cps-cheekpiece/
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 4:25:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I have Magpul STRs on all my ARs, precision or otherwise.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:09:07 PM EDT
[#5]
On my 6.5CM AR, I have the B5 precision with the rubberized cheek riser attachment. The cheek riser made it awesome.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 9:56:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ZA206:
On my 6.5CM AR, I have the B5 precision with the rubberized cheek riser attachment. The cheek riser made it awesome.
View Quote

Looks good... which of the B5 stock dimensions did you end up with?
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 9:23:05 AM EDT
[#7]
On my 6.5CM AR I tried the Magpul PRS Gen3 but was too long.  I ended up changing it out for the LMT DMR Stock.
Top Top