Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/12/2021 9:01:05 PM EDT
Ok, I just got hit with new optics and a new qualification at work. We've got vortex 1-6 razors (MRAD) combined with the new Army rifle qualification which now uses a new zero target.

The target has MOA sized blocks on it, which for the 25m zero target are .25" (1/4 MOA).  The Razors have .2 MRAD adjustment values.

Im trying to update my range cards for the new optic and targets. At the range I literally just used the mil scale on the optic to make corrections, but in the interest of expediency for others I want to get something on my cards giving me a rough click value towards the blocks on the new zero target.

Im super tired and my brain hurts from doing math between mils/MOA and inches vs yards for the past several hours, and being that I didn't go to math school I need a sanity check.

Here's my question.

.2 mil adjustments on scope, so 5 clicks at 100 yards moves me 1 mil, or 3.6".

1 mil = .9" at 25m, so it will take 5 clicks per inch (approximate)

New Army zero targets are set with 1 MOA squares, so on the 25m zero target the squares are actually .25".

So a single .2 mil click at 25m will move me approximately one square (and a tiny bit of change)?

Please tell me if I am wrong at any point here in my journey.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 11:51:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Reorx] [#1]
Originally Posted By daemon734:
Here's my question.

.2 mil adjustments on scope, so 5 clicks at 100 yards moves me 1 mil, or 3.6".

1 mil = .9" at 25 yards m, so it will take 5 clicks = 0.9"  per inch (approximate)

New Army zero targets are set with 1 MOA squares, so on the 25 yard m zero target the squares are actually .25".

So a single .2 mil click at 25 yards m will move me 0.18" approximately one square (and a tiny bit of change)?

Please tell me if I am wrong at any point here in my journey.
View Quote
Minor adjustments above but basically right....
Top Top