Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/11/2023 11:40:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Paulie771]
Took my PSA M110-ish clone in 6.5CM to the range for the first time Friday to run a few groups through it while also testing my MK12 Mod 0 upper.  Zero failures of any type. Ejection was strong at the 3:30-4 o'clock position w/ out having to adjust the gas at all. Trigger is also very good. I don't think it any negative impact w/ these groups at all. Scope used is an Arken EP5. Bipod is the Magpul it comes with. Same with the mag.

Targets shot at 100 yards. Grid is 1". Conditions were overcast, 65-75*F, relatively low humidity (sorry temp/humidity are not more precise, I forgot to pull out my Kestrel), ~800' ASL.

The shooting set up, just off a bench.

First groups were w/ FGMM 140gr. SMK. Bottom groups are Hornady American Gunner 140s.

Prime 130s put up the best group of the day. As expected, Hornady 140 ELD-Ms performed decently as well:

I had five rounds of Hornady 147 ELD-Ms as well. They did alright. Last shot ruined the group, but still not bad.

Next time around I will be shooting from prone off a pack. I was able to get better groups w/ the Mk12 Mod 0 upper Monday using this (my preferred) method, so I will do it w/ this rifle in the future as well once I source some more loadings. Definitely want to test the Hornady 147 ELD-Ms more.  Are there any other common factory match grade loadings I should be looking to get? I'm placing an order for three flavors of AAC match grade 6.5CM shortly.

All in all, I like the rifle and I'm glad I got it. I've got a M84 gas buster delivering tomorrow and I just received a taupe grip to change out the Sabre one. I want to eventually change the rail covers to KAC taupe's but that's down the road and purely for cosmetics.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 12:26:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Awesome! Thanks for sharing. I may have ordered that exact setup yesterday... How do you like the scope? Did you use the arken mount? 0 moa or 20? Any more pics?
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 12:32:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AnvilUSMC:
Awesome! Thanks for sharing. I may have ordered that exact setup yesterday... How do you like the scope? Did you use the arken mount? 0 moa or 20? Any more pics?
View Quote
I like it a lot, especially for the money. Glass is very clear, knobs are very audible and tactile. I didn't do a full track test on it but when I need to make adjustments for the first few rounds, everything lined up perfectly to the hashes I read in my reticle. I did use the Arken mount, which is a 20 MOA. I don't have any more pics at the moment but I can take any you might want.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 12:59:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Paulie771:

I like it a lot, especially for the money. Glass is very clear, knobs are very audible and tactile. I didn't do a full track test on it but when I need to make adjustments for the first few rounds, everything lined up perfectly to the hashes I read in my reticle. I did use the Arken mount, which is a 20 MOA. I don't have any more pics at the moment but I can take any you might want.
View Quote

Awesome, thanks for the feedback. I initially ordered the 0 moa mount but then went back and ordered the 20 just in case. Looks like you didn't have an issue zeroing at 100 with the 20 moa mount, so that is probably where I will start off.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 1:13:51 PM EDT
[#4]
is this SR25 cut? Slant cut upper and not rounded? Compatible with Larue large frame lower?

Wish PSA would sell the upper separately
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 1:40:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Not too shabby for factory ammo.  No doubt hand loads will offer superior performance.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 2:02:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Paulie771] [#6]
Originally Posted By ar15joe:
is this SR25 cut? Slant cut upper and not rounded? Compatible with Larue large frame lower?

Wish PSA would sell the upper separately
View Quote
It is not slant cut upper and lower, rather it is rounded:

I do not know for sure that it is compatible w/ Larue lowers but I doubt it. My understanding is that the front pivot pin is longer in some way from standard and really only compatible w/ PSA AR10 lowers, but I can not confirm as this is the only AR10 pattern rifle I have. I'm more than will to measure it if it helps someone.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 7:43:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Paulie771:

It is not slant cut upper and lower, rather it is rounded:
https://i.imgur.com/ueSMXZd.jpg

I do not know for sure that it is compatible w/ Larue lowers but I doubt it. My understanding is that the front pivot pin is longer in some way from standard and really only compatible w/ PSA AR10 lowers, but I can not confirm as this is the only AR10 pattern rifle I have. I'm more than will to measure it if it helps someone.
View Quote

The billet has the slant cut, the forged does not.

I’m not sure if they are SR-25 compatible. Still saving up to get mine, as they look like a great platform.
Link Posted: 1/13/2024 10:41:31 PM EDT
[#8]
So the billet is possibly compatible with the SR25 style uppers? I have been looking at a Larue upper and they don't even sell the stupid lowers to go with it and just told me to get a SR25 style lower.
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 10:27:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By goebela3:
So the billet is possibly compatible with the SR25 style uppers? I have been looking at a Larue upper and they don't even sell the stupid lowers to go with it and just told me to get a SR25 style lower.
View Quote

There’s one in EE. I have no affliction with the seller and make no representations whatsoever.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Equipment-Exchange/LaRue-Tactical-7-62-Complete-Lower/120-2404339/
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 12:26:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By goebela3:
View Quote

The LT upper did not fit the Mega MATEN lower.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 7:57:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Top Top