Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/30/2022 10:24:16 PM EDT
Hey guys, I have my grandfather's rem 700 from the 70's.  Leupold Scope is about the same age.   I was hoping to " update" it a little bit not sure where to start.   I don't need anything too fancy as I'm not a long range shooter ( consistent AR shooter )
  I put a cheap foldable bipod in it and it works pretty good for the little use it gets.    I'd rather not spend too much on it as I put my money in other gear items.  
  I don't know where to start and I was thinking sling,  bolt knob extension,  a wrap to protect the original wood.    Any recommendations/ advice?
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 10:36:33 PM EDT
[#1]
My recommendation is to leave it how it is.

The rifles my Grandpa gave me are my prize possessions and shooting them just as he did makes me feel closer to him.  

If you want a precision rifle, a newer rifle is a better option in my opinion.
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 10:40:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By eclark53520:

The rifles my Grandpa gave me are my prize possessions and shooting them just as he did makes me feel closer to him.  

View Quote

Yep, leave the family guns alone
Link Posted: 10/1/2022 12:16:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Sinclair Manufacturing Montana Sling with Swivels Leather

Have you shot it to see how it shoots?  I see no reason to make changes unless there is something that needs repaired or would improve basic function.  Adding a sling is pretty reasonable though.
Link Posted: 10/1/2022 12:34:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Leave it alone, it's already better than anything produced today.
Link Posted: 10/1/2022 10:14:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Nightstalker32] [#5]
Originally Posted By Urimaginaryfrnd:
Sinclair Manufacturing Montana Sling with Swivels Leather

Have you shot it to see how it shoots?  I see no reason to make changes unless there is something that needs repaired or would improve basic function.  Adding a sling is pretty reasonable though.
View Quote

Yeah I've shot it . Probably put a few hundred rounds through it.  Fires well and packs a punch ( kicks like a horse).   I did put a bipod on it but I can see myself leaving it alone after that.  The  Leupold scope is old but works.  

Link Posted: 10/2/2022 5:51:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Nightstalker32:

Yeah I've shot it . Probably put a few hundred rounds through it.  Fires well and packs a punch ( kicks like a horse).   I did put a bipod on it but I can see myself leaving it alone after that.  The  Leupold scope is old but works.  

View Quote

Just out of curiosity, what caliber is it?  
Link Posted: 10/2/2022 5:52:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By eclark53520:

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/2/2022 9:44:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Absolutely 100% agree with all those advising to leave it be.  You'll be glad you did.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 8:25:32 PM EDT
[#9]
LEAVE IT ALONE!!!! It sounds like a beautiful rifle.

You want to start long range, start from the ground up.
Top Top