Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/27/2024 7:30:05 PM EDT
Hey all - waiting on my very first M1A to ship to my FFL and I had some questions I was hoping some of you Pros could help me with;

I was considering switching the handguard out to the ULTIMAK unit, but this may be a bit down the road. In the meantime I'm trying to hunt out the following:

1) - Some kind of combination Pic Rail + QD attach point to replace the factory front swivel

2) - Some kind of QD point to replace the rear swivel

3) - A WML solution.....
Arisaka and other companies make some "wings" and "Extendo" type units to which I could affix a WML and then attache to #1 above, but I'm interested in hearing about any and all options. This rifle will be getting the Delta-P barrel unit (as soon as they come back in stock) and an Otter Creek Labs Polonium ASAP, so the further forward I can get the light the better.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 8:37:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Well the SOCOM isn't a precision rifle...

Maybe better traction in the right section?

M1/M14/M1 Carbine
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 8:46:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Urimaginaryfrnd] [#2]
This rabbit hole runs deep.

Realize that reloading data in books have lighter loads for M1a than for .308.   Heavy bullets like over 168 gr can bend the op rod. Creedmore Sports sells Schuster gas plug caps one has a. Small hole and increased internal volume and one is adjustable.  
The original stock is not high enough cheek weld for magnified optics.  A red dot may be a wise choice. Visit Smith Enterprises website to see some of what is available for the new money pit. Buy mags.
Top Top