Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/10/2023 6:50:57 PM EDT
I've been seeing lots of mixed reviews about its accuracy. Trying to figure if its a decent gun or not. I have a Kidd 10/22 in 22LR and a Tikka T1X in 17hmr, so I already have some spendy accurate guns.  

I'm trying to get more bang for my buck this time around. It has some really nice to have features like the target stock style, enlarged bolt knob, takes 10/22 mags that I am on the fence about.

Other options I am considering is the Ruger American Rimfire GoWild/Shooting Store Distributor Models or a Bergara BMR. Downsides are the stocks are traditional hunter styles vs the target styles. I like the Bergara's mags over the 10/22 style.
Link Posted: 10/10/2023 8:09:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Have yet to see a review where a SA2020 exhibited any accuracy. Even Guns & Ammo, who gets paid by SA, couldn't get a 1/2" group at 50y

https://youtu.be/nk3tde7RQKI?si=t4S0rzyAbiMxJmhn
Link Posted: 10/10/2023 10:05:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AT-ST83] [#2]
It is a cheap Turkish POS.  Run away.

If you're only requirement is "it takes 10/22 mags", then get a Ruger American Rimfire model line.

If you want the best "bang for your buck", take a hard look at the Bergara BMR.  Boyd's makes dozens of stocks for either one.  I have my BMR in the Boyd's Pro Varmint.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 2:59:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SilentDeath12886] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By CPTmorgan:
Have yet to see a review where a SA2020 exhibited any accuracy. Even Guns & Ammo, who gets paid by SA, couldn't get a 1/2" group at 50y

https://youtu.be/nk3tde7RQKI?si=t4S0rzyAbiMxJmhn
View Quote

Plinkster22
Sootch00

I have seen all 3 reviews of Pursuit of Accuracy which was one of the discouraging reviews. There was also another that was shooting 7" groups at 50 yards with bulk ammo. Plinkster was sent the rifle for review, so whether it was cherry picked or is not known.

The actual preference is that gun does not take 10/22 magazines, but is convenient since I have a lot of them. Feeding is much smoother out of non-10/22 mags.
If I am spending $600+ then I would just go with a T1x.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 8:41:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SuperJlarge] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SilentDeath12886:

Plinkster22
Sootch00

I have seen all 3 reviews of Pursuit of Accuracy which was one of the discouraging reviews. There was also another that was shooting 7" groups at 50 yards with bulk ammo. Plinkster was sent the rifle for review, so whether it was cherry picked or is not known.

The actual preference is that gun does not take 10/22 magazines, but is convenient since I have a lot of them. Feeding is much smoother out of non-10/22 mags.
If I am spending $600+ then I would just go with a T1x.
View Quote

Plinksters results weren’t exactly great, so I doubt it was cherry picked. He seemed happy with it, but there are more precise options out there in a similar price segment.

A Tikka t1x, CZ457 or Bergara BMR would be much better options.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 8:46:28 PM EDT
[#5]
For my money a standard CZ457 varmint is hard to beat.
Link Posted: 11/1/2023 9:44:35 AM EDT
[#6]
For ruger 10/22 mag capability, also the Christiansen arms ranger is an option, but I have heard mixed reviews about them as well.

Ditto for rugers products with variable quality.

The ruger precision ( basically an American in a chassis style stock) my local group of precision 22 shooters- 1 guy has one that shoots well, several others have had them and sent them back to the factory for issues, some more than once, without acceptable results

My experience in the bargain rifle category which has been mostly very positive especially for the price, is the humble savage mark II FV-SR
Around $250, accuracy way better than the price suggests. Negatives- extraction difficulty with some ammo ( while accuracy was sub MOA with CCI standard, failures to extract were frequent. However, contacting savage resulted in a quick delivery of spare parts no charge no fuss- awesome CS!)
The extraction issue was resolved by switching to eley and SK ammo, and I still have the spare extractor parts they sent
Magazines are finicky and fragile, but again when a couple of mine split the back splines I sent them back and they sent me new ones for free
A company called cs specs makes a heavier built magazine apparently also

While I moved up to a Kidd for my precision 22 work ( my group shoots steel out to 300 yards in an NRL/PRS type format ) I still have the savage as a back up gun. One of our newer shooters was trying out guns before buying, I handed him a 10. Round mag and my savage to try, and he dialed my 300 yard dope, and never firing the rifle before, hit 8/10 on a foot square target at 300. I feel this is pretty impressive for such a cheap rifle. And I have several friends with Mark II’s that have had similar results
Top Top