Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/28/2024 1:30:38 PM EDT
greetings all.  Looking at a 5.5mm dia USB borescope to hook to Androids and Winblows machines so I can look up my pipe ;)

my motivations: 1. because I can. 2. because I want to know. 3. I suspect throat erosion in two pieces that have seen 7.62x54R corrosive ammo in the past.
Your kindly comments about not ruining barrels with cleaning zealotry, etc. will be taken kindly but that's not where I'm at.  Balance in all things.  Information is power.  blah blah.

I suspect that the '5.5mm probe dia' offerings are in fact targeted at people like us who want to look in a .22LR or 5.56mm bore.  So, my calculator says that a true 5.5mm dia probe should juuuuuuuuuust fit inside a .22LR chamber, at least, if not the bore itself.  What is true in the real world ?

I'm looking at a DEPSTECH 86T-1MP or a TAKMLY (because it was named in a "10-best" list on a digital camera website).  Anything you recommend, or would avoid ?

This is hobbyist-grade, I'm not a smith, I just want to know, and at going prices I can afford it.  Yes my Android is OTG-capable.

TIA!
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 1:43:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a teslong i really like.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 7:25:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I have teslong, they work very good, all sorts of choices, USB/phone/camera/screen lots of choices....

https://teslong.com/collections/rifle-borescopes
Top Top