Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/12/2015 12:25:05 AM EDT
I'm sure this has been asked at sometime, but I appreciate the guidance.

I am running a 308 Rem 700 with a Vortex Viper PST 6-24 x 80 in mils on a 20 MOA Badger base.

I have the rifle zeroed at 100 yards and have dope out to 1000. Zeroed at 100 y, the scope only has 1 revolution of up adjustment left (5 MIL), but several down (20 or something). In otherwords, the gun shoots extremely low at 100y, so I had to burn all the up elevation zeroing it in.

Correct me if I am wrong, but shouldn't this be the opposite? Shouldn't the scope have additional "up" adjustment since the base is a 20 MOA down angle? I was thinking maybe I need to switch to a flat base, but that would have opposite effect, right?

Is it possible my scope is not quite right, or am I overlooking something or have something backwards?
Link Posted: 7/12/2015 12:13:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you sure you have the base on correct? When you look at the side of the rifle the base should be lower in the front.
Link Posted: 7/12/2015 1:20:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, it is on correct. The screw pattern only allows it to be mounted one way. I pulled everything off, checked and double checked, and remounted everything. Same issue.

Someone suggested to run a longer range zero, but if I am correct, that would require a steeper trajectory, and burn up even more of the little elevation I have left...
Link Posted: 7/12/2015 2:05:38 PM EDT
[#3]
I figured it out... it was a scope base issue, but not being mounted wrong. The installed base is actually a 0 cant, not a 20 MOA base. I'll got back and install the correct base and should be good.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 10:36:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice cover ;)

Math doesn’t lie though. Don’t worry I’ve only done it twice. Haha.
Top Top