Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/1/2023 6:12:46 PM EDT
I'm a big believer in dry firing drills, but am also a believer in not doing them with live ammo in the home. That presents a training issue in that the gun obviously weighs way less, so the muscle memory isn't going to be spot on like it should.

I have dummy rounds for other uses (simulating malfunctions, etc.), but I haven't found any 9mm that are "real" weights.

Any leads? Thanks ahead of time.
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 6:18:26 PM EDT
[#1]
5 grains of powder x 12 rounds is a very little amount.  Just load without powder.
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 6:29:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DoctorCAD:
5 grains of powder x 12 rounds is a very little amount.  Just load without powder.
View Quote

Haven't made the jump into loading/reloading yet :(
Link Posted: 8/2/2023 12:51:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By anono:

Haven't made the jump into loading/reloading yet :(
View Quote

Got any friends that do?
It ain't hard to do- I've made dozens of them over the years in different calibers.
Link Posted: 8/3/2023 5:15:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes, another advantage of reloading.  I too have made dummy rounds in every caliber I use.

Mark them appropriately, of course.

Although I don't use them that much.  I don't see the weight differential between dry/live training as a huge deal, with regard to trigger work, anyway.
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 10:43:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Cool, thanks guys. I knew an old timer who reloaded, but he moved up North. Im a bit younger and it seems all my friends just are buy and go. Maybe ill give him a call and see if hell ship to me if i pay for it.

I mostly try to work on draw to getting on target quickly with dry firing, so the weight matters, or at least in my mind it does I guess. 18rnds is almost 1/2 lb, so i feel like that makes a difference in training over time. Anyhow, thanks for the suggestions.
Top Top