Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/5/2024 11:56:33 AM EDT
Completed Course 3/2 - 3/3 held at Pigg River Precision, Rocky Mt, VA

Background: Have experience with pistol & carbine with multiple classes/training and took this class previously in NC in August. Mix of experience in class mostly similar to my background. Had attendees from all around the country. People shot .308, 6.5 Creedmoor and .300 Win Mag.

Instructors: Kevin Owens/Kirsten Morgan/Jon Lester

- Note: Kevin, a 24 yr veteran with 18 years in SF, ran the SF Sniper course and was in charge of all Force Modernization for Army SF. Hathcock Award Winner. Kirsten 12 yr LE veteran. Jon Lester is a long time, very experienced precision shooter.

Class: 2 Day Class

- Day 1: Reticles/Scopes, Terminology, Rifles, Optics, Ballistic Calculator, Set up, Moving Targets, Ranging Targets, Shooter/Spotter Dialogue, Calling Wind/Adjusting Shot.... Zeroing/Chronograph/True/Body Positioning(Very important!)
  - Day 2: Building your gun on ballistic calculator, building range card. Shooting 10+ multiple target types between 225 yards and 1200 yards.

Bottom Line: Damn, everything I learned from the first time I took the class really sunk in! Much more confident. In the first class, I shot out to 600M (got a little windy). This class was able to shoot out to 1000 yards (different range) and almost got 1200 yards. Had a blast! Great people, fantastic facility. Kevin is an engaging, knowledgeable, true subject matter expert that is funny as hell and always there to help. Kirsten is first class when it comes to position, getting your rifle and optics set up, zeroed and getting you on target when shooting. Just met Jon at this class. He is a WV hillbilly who grew up near me in McDowell County and has won more than his fair share of shooting competitions and is a 'been there, done that guy'. Also one of the nicest people you will ever meet.

You want to shoot long range and don't know how? This is your team. Will take it again when I can. Each time I improve and go longer...
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 12:00:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HeavyMetal] [#1]
Top Top