Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/15/2023 3:13:02 PM EDT
I signed up for Gunsite's week long carbine class. Currently a buddy is taking the same class in pistol form this week. He says it is very entry level and I won't get much out of it. Their rifle class is pretty much the same. All the basics of how to run and clean the gun. Something I don't need a refresher in.

I compete in local carbine club matches and am fairly well versed in the use and operation of a rifle. In the last year I have taken a couple carbine classes, Gamut Resolutions (Robert Keller, former Delta) and another informal local instructor.

Thunder Ranch is on my short list but they are all booked up this year.

Thanks for the help.

Sammy
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 9:30:39 AM EDT
[#1]
I just attended the Defensive Carbine course from Independence Training in Phoenix with my son. I can't offer a comparison because it's my first, but I was impressed, came away with a lot of stuff to work on, and enjoyed it very much. The instructors were great and will observe and work with you individually on your skills as well as your gear setup. Covers a lot of ground, including shooting, reloading, and malfunction clearing while on the move.

Apparently they do the Defensive Carbine on Saturday and Advanced Carbine on Sunday, so you can catch both courses over one weekend. Based on what I've seen of Gunsite's course prices, Independence is very affordable by comparison. I definitely feel like I got my money's worth.
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 2:15:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Coeur d'Alene, ID, Anaconda, MT close enough?

https://warriorpoetsupplyco.com/train1/

Link Posted: 8/5/2023 10:06:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 5:46:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Cerberus is good folk. I'll have to keep an eye on Corevision, that's a new one to me. I'll also add https://lmsdefense.com/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top