Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/14/2021 10:58:28 AM EDT
I luckily have enough components to last the year but I assume that's not the case for many.
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 12:00:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I still am.  Lots are out here.   Turns out our biggest club has a deal on ammo for competition.  150 round for the match, pre panic pricing.  I’m still bringing my own.
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 2:36:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DVCER:
I still am.  Lots are out here.   Turns out our biggest club has a deal on ammo for competition.  150 round for the match, pre panic pricing.  I'm still bringing my own.
View Quote
That's pretty cool of them.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 6:59:05 AM EDT
[#3]
I expect to see less people.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 7:57:46 AM EDT
[#4]
I don’t know about competition, but recreational shooting has been down around here for months. Usually on weekends you hear shots from every direction. I’m Rural, And I’ve only heard my shots for a long time. Pretty quiet.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 10:05:59 AM EDT
[#5]
I reduced my shooting to one 3 gun match a month.
Shooting considerably less other than that match.
Hate  shooting and not restocking.
I don’t reload.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 10:09:01 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm not competing* because the competitions are being cancelled.

* For a given value of competitive.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 10:43:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Marquar:
I'm not competing* because the competitions are being cancelled.

* For a given value of competitive.
View Quote
Looks like our March match is on for this weekend.  Reduced round count of 122.
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 2:24:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: battlestick] [#8]
Have had some local range matches only for quite some time.  Hoping everything starts to open up soon.  

I have enough components except projectiles for ~4 years at my pre-panic pace.  In the past I have not had issues getting projectiles past a predictable wait time for larger orders.
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 9:04:49 PM EDT
[#9]
I have 3 local clubs that run matches and all have cancelled matches due to winter weather and unsafe range conditions.

When the matches do happen we’ve had to limit the total amount of shooters and have smaller squads because of COVID restrictions.

Now that the weather is better and restrictions are mostly lifted we are at full capacity and people are eager to shoot.

We have made some small changes like less round count or allow 22’s but it depends on the match.
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 10:31:19 AM EDT
[#10]
We tried at my club to open a local “outlaw division” that essentially was an anything goes category. 10/22 to whatever rimfire or greater. Not one participant in that division. It was all the usual suspects shooting what they’ve always shot. Ammo crunch or not, it didn’t seem to change anything.
Top Top