Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/21/2023 9:55:43 PM EDT
Just attended another Appleseed yesterday and made Rifleman again, woulda got distinguished if my kid didn't shoot my target, but that's a whole nuther story.

I'm considering doing an upcoming Appleseed Pistol Clinic, can anybody share their experiences with it?  What is the PQT like?  What would be good to shoot?  1911, 22s, Glocks with Red Dot?

I'm also considering doing a Green Ops class, kinda back  and forth.  

I did a Modern Samurai class last fall and it was amazing, but it was also very specific to red dot and drawing.

What do you all think?
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 9:40:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DanielleMorgan] [#1]
I haven't done an Appleseed Pistol Clinic in awhile, and the COF has evolved since then. What I can tell you:  I did it with my Mark III first, then my 9mm, both with irons.  More fun with the 22, more challenging with the 9.  When I do it again, I'm just bringing the 22. I'll try it again with the 9 when I've kicked its butt with the plinker lol

Anything Appleseed is a blast.  What's not to love?
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 2:03:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: R_S] [#2]
I feel for you with that crossfire.  Happened to me first time I shot Rifleman... dude next to me also shot Rifleman... on MY TARGET.

I'm signed up for the Pistol Clinic later this year.  Looking forward to it.  Ordered the pistol targets from the Appleseed website tried them out.  They are valuable courses-of-fire.   Have used some of the targets in my own classes.  

Tried the PQT with both a .22 and 9mm.  Found shooting the 9mm was more valuable for training.  I have no doubt a red dot would be an asset, but I used irons.

Curious what new history lessons they have for us and looking forward to adding a pistol patch to my collection.
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 7:14:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I just signed up for a pistol clinic in May and a rifle clinic in October.

I’ll use a 9mm for the pistol one, only caliber I have, and will bring a 10/22 and AR in 5.56 to the rifle one. I’ll defer to the instructor on which to use.

I’m especially looking forward to the rifle one since we’re visiting Lexington and Concord in September.

I’ve done other rifle and pistol classes but think it’ll be cool to get some instruction that’s less defensive-tactical in nature.
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 10:16:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Already posted this over in the Appleseed forum:

2-day class round count was 500.

They started from the basics, but shooting got more advanced in first afternoon.  

I passed the PQT first time around... 218... not my usual score which is more in the 230s, but it was 108 degrees at the time.

Hard to beat the class for the money.  One of our instructors recently beat Scott Jedlinski in a competition... so the instructors high quality.

Link Posted: 7/3/2023 8:55:36 AM EDT
[#5]
@R_S

An Appleseed forum, where is this magic that you speak of.

I have been waiting for the stars align to take my nieces to learn about American history in a way that they would enjoy. I have matching 10/22’s that have been hot rodded up to gift them for the occasion.

Honestly I would probably more excited about getting the chance to go.
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 9:05:54 AM EDT
[#6]
ARFCOM Project Appleseed Forum:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Industry/Project-Appleseed/820/
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 9:18:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By R_S:
Already posted this over in the Appleseed forum:
View Quote
this?
https://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php