Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/28/2016 3:22:28 PM EDT
Anybody ever participated in a class with these guys? They are about an hour from my hometown and I saw a brief ad on facebook for a course catered to .308 long distance shooting, but I asked a question in the comments and they haven't bothered to answer so now I'm questioning how "official" the training will be.

Link to a PDF advertisement, but I can't find any information about the course on their main page. Looks like they just build guns...

https://www.ashburyprecisionordnance.com/pdf/riflecraft-550-308win-clinic.pdf

Any other good options for LRPR courses in or around VA? I shoot regularly at a range at home but can only stretch out to ~300yds or so. I'd really like to get some trigger time and hands on instruction at some longer distances.
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 12:17:17 AM EDT
[#1]
I own one of their chassis and wanted to buy  a different part, lots of phone calls and emails. Never did get the part as I could never speak with the "right" person, I don't think their customer service is very good at all. Not surprised that you haven't heard back from them. My deal went on for a couple months, so not really one or two phone calls type thing.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 9:43:13 PM EDT
[#2]
They build solid rifles and they have folks doing well representing their equipment in the Precision Rifle Series, most likely a good indicator that they know their craft very well. I personally don't know how well they teach, but, I would wager it is probably pretty solid though. If you are still interested in rifle training in Virginia though I know you will be well served by Central Virginia Tactical. Good times there for sure! Share your experience if you attend a course with a review.

If you are not in a hurry, Green Ops will be unveiling a designated marksman course based off the Army Marksmanship Unit's DM Course probably this coming May.

Here is the link to Central Virginia Tactical:http://centralvirginiatactical.com/

Good luck, hope you find what you are looking for and that you enjoy your training.
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 10:43:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Ashbury International are primarily for-contract builders and instructors.  

They are adept builders and instructors, but they do not meet the individual market very much.
Top Top