Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/26/2007 9:12:41 PM EDT
I've wanted one of these for years. Should I get a Schofield, Webley, or something else? If you've got one, please post pics!
Link Posted: 10/26/2007 9:52:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Hallooo BuddyLee,

I have an Uberti Schofield in .45 Colt.   Great gun - I love it.
For CAS purposes, the Webley, though neat, won't be of use to you.
If you find an ASM (Armi San Marco) Schofield - stay far FAR AWAY from it - do NOT buy, no matter great the price may be. The ASM's are ALL JUNK!!!!!
Beretta, the new owners of Uberti, have now come out with a copy of the S&W New Model #3....its looks great, and I am jones'in for one, but I have yet to actually hold one or put a few rounds down range with one.
I do have a brace of original S&W New Model #3's - they are both from circa 1878, one is nickel, the other blue.  They are both of course black powder only, and in .44 Russian.  SHooting them is a hoot - and even today, they are still more accurate than me.
The S&W NM #3's fit great in my hand - real schweeeeet!!

I hope this helps you some.
Link Posted: 11/7/2007 7:52:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I've been keeping my eyes open for a Schofield 5 1/2" in .45 LC.. only seen a couple and they were big bucks.

Anyone here have a Webley? I've read that some people have those set up to shoot .45 ACP with moon clips.

Also interested in the H&K Sportsman, but the only guy I know who has or had one said they were very prone to breakage.
Link Posted: 2/12/2009 11:25:32 AM EDT
[#3]
If you keep your eyes open you can occasionally find a civilian/WW2 era .38 Webley or Enfield. I once found one for $200 but was a broke college student, so no go.

The Beretta model is supposed to be a good shooter, also try Navy Arms.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 9:52:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Have a .38 Webley, VERRRRY hard double action pull.  NCO (?) model, no single action.  Accurate out to 15 yds, starts dropping pretty good at 25.  For CAS, get the Schofield.
Link Posted: 4/9/2009 3:18:53 PM EDT
[#5]
+1

If you want to shoot gunfighter style (one gun per hand), you might want to check to make sure your thumb reaches the hammer for cocking singlehanded. I can with my Colts, but not with my Schofields. Also, reproductions are not too good for shooting with black powder as the tolerances are usually too tight.
Link Posted: 5/26/2009 5:38:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Buy a Schofield.......
Link Posted: 5/27/2009 3:53:44 PM EDT
[#7]
You can find the 45acp webs but they have a shaved cyl

My Dad has a very collectable wilk/web that was destroyed as far as collecting goes by being shaved
Top Top