Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/26/2020 12:28:29 PM EDT
I am going to my CEN probably in November. I’ve already spoken with my unit educator and she is going to get me some materials. I also joined the ENA and got their CEN question book.

Looking for recommendations on materials to study, review.

I planned on doing questions, questions, and more questions...but would prefer a formalized review if I can get one.
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 7:43:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I took it last May and passed. I used the the ENA review book. I did one test per week. I took the test like I was sitting for the exam. Timed the start and allowed the three hours  permitted for the exam. I was usually able  to complete it one hour and fifteen minutes. Then I would spend a couple days reviewing the test and seeing what I got wrong and why. I also counted the # of correct answers. I usually got around 107-110 out of 150 questions. You need at least 105 to pass.

The day of the exam , I completed the 175 questions in about 75 minutes and spent a few minutes reviewing my answers. I forced myself to stop. On the actual exam 25 questions are unscored experimental questions. Out of the 150 scored questions , I answered 133 questions correctly.

The most important point to learn and practice, is answer the question from the nursing perspective. A review course may help, but learning how to read the question is the most important skill you need for the exam.
Link Posted: 3/17/2020 1:19:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Top Top