Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/24/2021 3:45:59 PM EDT
I took a night gunfighter course and the instructor taught us to cant our rifles so the IR laser was 12 o clock over the bore to eliminate issues with offset. Am I missing something or is this a really easy fix to having to know offset windage holds for converging zeros?

If your laser is directly above your bore and converges at a known distance like a 50/200m zero, doesn't that essentially turn it into the exact same holds as your optic? Your RDS is essentially a fixed point to infinity (like a laser) converging with your bore at a known distance and re intersecting with the bullet on it's flight path back down. Is it really this simple? I haven't seen this talked about anywhere outside of that class. Everyone seems to talk about just knowing your windage offsets with convergence and divergence.

Link Posted: 12/28/2021 5:28:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Bump
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 8:40:05 PM EDT
[#2]
You are correct in your idea. While it will not be “exactly” the same (due to height of laser over bore not matching height of optic and having a different angle) it will be very close to the same. 👊🏼
Top Top