Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/7/2020 1:40:15 PM EDT
I am putting together an A4 with scope to replace my A2 next service rifle season. I have a Bison Armory SR barrel, CL float tube and Bushmaster Upper. I am trying to figure out how I want to configure the gas block.

I have several gas blocks, a cut FSB, two A2 FSB and an A4 F marked FSB that can be used with the float tube. I want to be able to swap to a carry handle to shoot irons but mostly will use a scope. Can I use the A2 FSB?

One of the A2 sight bases have the post higher. I suspect the previous owner used it on a A4. I figured that could work since I planned to put a set screw under the front sight post to eliminate wobble. I figured the A2 base would be slightly lower and may show less in the scope.
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 11:03:30 PM EDT
[#1]
With rifle length sight radius, the only difference the F makes is how high the deck is. The base of the post will look sunk in a little.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:43:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Get an “F” marked front sight base and use it.  I have one on mine and it does not affect the sight picture.  I also have a carrying handle zeroed for the rifle in the stool.

Dan
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top