Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/27/2023 9:21:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: A03]
Defensive Carbine I Course AAR:

I recently attended a carbine course (Defensive Carbine I) with GreenOps this past weekend (06/24/23) in Culpepper, Va and want to share some insight on my experience.

For context this was my first carbine course and it covered a lot. The class is a full 8 hour day and I felt the time was maximized very well.

The equipment I used was a carbine with red dot, sling, mag pouches, and shot over 250 rounds of 55gr 223 ammo. I had a basic understanding of using this equipment but after the course I feel a lot more competent in properly handling and maintaining this gear.

The class begins with a rundown of the safety protocol and ensuring our rifles were setup/zeroed correctly. Following that we got an intro on some key actions to improve our shooting ability.

The rest of the class had a mix of drills and competition drills. The drills had a great progression from fundamentals to more advanced positions. We worked from various shooting positions and weapon manipulation and reloads. Also worked with barricades and switching sides.

The instructor would provide a demo and then we would do live fire drills. The instructors were very knowledgeable and communicated everything clearly, they also balanced the class well and provided support when needed.

I like how we got a lot of time to do drills and the variety of shooting paper, steel, and barricade training. Definitely feel a lot more competent from everything I learned and can continue to work on.Overall I highly recommend to anyone considering taking a course!

Link:

https://www.green-ops.com/defensive-carbine-class-i-8-hrs
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 2:44:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the review! Great having you in class and we will see you at the next one!
Link Posted: 8/3/2023 10:01:56 AM EDT
[#2]
That's awesome! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Hope to read more about your shooting journey.
Top Top