Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/15/2024 2:14:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Switchback_Arms]
I've been doing a lot of dryfire lately, specifically with a G19 w/ RMR.

I put together some notes for myself regarding dryfire.  I'm wondering if anybody has anything else to add or wants refute any of this.

Thanks!

These come from both in-person training, YouTube videos and such, in no particular order:

• Focus on one thing at a time (e.g., initial grip, draw, marrying of hands, pressing out)

• When marrying hands, keep gun level or slightly upward

• Keep shoulders relaxed

• Bring dot to eye, stay target focused

• "Pluck" from holster

• When transitioning look at new target with eyes first, then bring dot

• Mantis is too much info

• Develop index which is bringing dot to eye, can take a few weeks of dry-fire

• Use scaled targets

• Pay attention to dot instead of laser, need develop skill to be able to call hits

• Grip tight like you would if shooting for real

• Keep pressing trigger, get finger off the trigger, don't ride the reset

• Don't go too fast, do it correctly to build muscle memory, speed will come

• Keep arms slightly bent, don't lock out

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 3:10:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Pretty much, all yes.  No experience with Mantiss.

I'd say though, don't even think "bring dot to eye", just think "hard focus on target, point gun (bring gun up).

This system is deadly fast and intuitive IF your grip and index are firmly ingrained.  It absolutely HAS to be.

I'm pretty sure you're tracking, I just don't think about the dot, I think "point gun", the dog's just confirming where I point.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 6:08:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JoeDevola:
Pretty much, all yes.  No experience with Mantiss.

I'd say though, don't even think "bring dot to eye", just think "hard focus on target, point gun (bring gun up).

This system is deadly fast and intuitive IF your grip and index are firmly ingrained.  It absolutely HAS to be.

I'm pretty sure you're tracking, I just don't think about the dot, I think "point gun", the dog's just confirming where I point.
View Quote

Totally tracking, that makes complete sense and the more I research and train, the more I come to the same conclusion.

Top Top