Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/7/2017 1:21:35 AM EDT
I'm looking for a heart rate monitor that I can wear while doing some exercises.  Nothing fancy like those smart watches that monitor one's whole life.

Something simple that gives me a reliable measure while doing my exercises.   Much better if I can change the batteries myself.

Appreciate advices.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 1:46:23 AM EDT
[#1]
I've had a few over the years.  Lots of promises and gimmicks.  Like the newer ones that don't need a chest strap.  Well, IMO most of those aren't very accurate or timely.  

The lower priced Garmin with the chest strap seemed to be the one I could count on to actually monitor my heart rate and recognize when it was elevated due to a set at the gym or running or what ever.  I won't buy another fancy one.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 7:58:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: rrbgeb] [#2]
Polar H7. I use this to link up to various machines, rowers, bikes but don't sync to phone.   It can be done via Bluetooth.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 12:33:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks!  I'll take a look at these models.

I have been using Samsung's S Health app to track my exercises and diet.  Already started making a difference on the diet and managed to cut a few pounds on my weight, even though that's still a ling journey.

I saw Samsung and other brands sell a Bluetooth chest band that links to the app and passes the heartbeats directly to it.   Any experience with that kind of rig?
Link Posted: 11/12/2017 9:02:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I had heart rate monitor.  I found the best use of it was when I had it on my wife.  So I would not waste my time.  wink
Top Top