Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/29/2023 11:41:09 PM EDT
I am looking for an advanced class on the east coast with in a few hours of zip 21158.

I shoot low level uspca style outlaw matches and am a nra pistol instructor so I dont need the this is the dangerous end level classes.

I would like a 2 day course, I dont care if its weekend or week day.

I want a more serious class.

thanks
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 7:15:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Academi (formerly Blackwater) used to have a ton of classes.  On the VA/NC border south of Norfolk.

Pretty sure this is them:   https://www.constellis.com/course-calendar/

Choose the Moyock location.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 9:16:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Loudon Tactical isnt too far from MD. Here is their Calendar.

Loudon Tactical Calendar
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 1:21:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By StaccatoC2:
I am looking for an advanced class on the east coast with in a few hours of zip 21158.

I shoot low level uspca style outlaw matches and am a nra pistol instructor so I dont need the this is the dangerous end level classes.

I would like a 2 day course, I dont care if its weekend or week day.

I want a more serious class.

thanks
View Quote

Green Ops Virginia holds classes  in NOVA and WV.

https://www.green-ops.com/schedule-registration-virginia

I would suggest you start with their defense of pistol one class or their red dot class.,Please do not mistake these for I’ve never shot a gun before classes . They are fundamentals classes for people who are already comfortable with basic safety, gun handling, drawing and shooting from the holster. If you’re an instructor then you know there is no advanced shooting, just perfecting your execution of the fundamentals.

They also do a competition skills class, which I highly recommend whether you should competition or not.

The only downside for you is they tend to do a lot of their classes in a one day format because it is simply more practical for most people.
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 9:20:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I have done a lot of pistol and carbine courses in the local DC area from the following:

Green Ops

Justified Defensive Concepts

Tactical Operations Consulting

Commonwealth Criminal Justice Academy

All do a great job, however as previously posted, they mostly run single day courses. Some are two-days, but not much.

If you are willing to make the trip, you can't go wrong with Sig Sauer Academy if looking for a quality multi-day handgun course.

I have done multiple carbine and handgun courses up there for over 22 years and highly recommend them also.

Link Posted: 6/17/2023 6:31:34 AM EDT
[#5]
I do classes that are what you're looking for!

Competition skills and application

Also if you have a group I'd be into coming down to your area.
Link Posted: 9/20/2023 8:49:22 PM EDT
[#6]
I might as well reply, I took the green ops advanced fundamental class, I enjoyed it over all. I did learn some things to help my students, mostly how to phrase stuff and few different drills. After the first few "stages" they walked around and gave everyone pointers, one of the instructors walked up to me and said he really had nothing to say.

End of the day it was a good class, and I enjoyed it. I also got the challenge coin for the best final score of the day, and was probably first or second best shot of the day over all.  ( Not patting my self on the back just the truth ) In their 3x5 game, I came in second, but could have done it from further.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 4:49:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Britbiker] [#7]
Florida Firearms Training.  Look at the Immersion courses. https://floridafirearmstraining.com/
Top Top