Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/18/2022 1:25:30 PM EDT
I've seen a lot of "tactical Training" focused more so on weapon manipulation then anything else. Any movement incorporated involves a step to either side and that's "getting off the X".  That will get you killed, that is not moving off the X.

Folks, incorporate actual movement in to your drills....move with a purpose.  That being said, you need a solid foundation of footwork before you can effectively (and safely) begin movement with a loaded firearm.

For those who have played sports, you will realize the point I'm making. Explosive movements will not be in your favor if you don't have a solid foundation of footwork. Start doing basic agility training and footwork training you see in sports like basketball, soccer etc. Plyometrics ,if your body is able, is fantastic for training moving quickly in either direction and the proper footwork will get you to your destination without falling on your face.

Just food for thought I'd figure I'd throw out there.

Link Posted: 11/30/2022 12:31:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Best to do lots of dry runs before you run around with loaded firearms.  Competitive shooters do lots of dry fire practice.  I use airsoft and .22 as well.  

Rifle / Pistol Skill Builder Drill Book and Jeff's MTS drills are great places to start.

Link Posted: 11/30/2022 8:38:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 8:42:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 11:41:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Lowdown3:
And yes the take a shot then step left or right one step BS is typical gun skewl crap. It's a way to maximize people on a firing line doing drills and then being able to say "we teach movement." But it's not really movement in the sense that is needed movement.
View Quote

AGREED.  

I see instructors tout the side step in their classes as all the movement people will ever need, but it just doesn't hold up in Force-on-Force.  Sadly the side step is one step above the "Stand and deliver" that most people practice on the range.  If you don't have the drop on the opponent or aren't already behind cover, dynamic movement is the best thing you've got.
Link Posted: 12/3/2022 6:10:46 PM EDT
[#5]
I made this USPSA stage. Some fuds didn't like their options.
BHPC 14-5 USPSA Texas Hero or Zero
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 9:05:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By R_S:
Best to do lots of dry runs before you run around with loaded firearms.  Competitive shooters do lots of dry fire practice.  I use airsoft and .22 as well.  

Rifle / Pistol Skill Builder Drill Book and Jeff's MTS drills are great places to start.

View Quote

@R_S

That link doesn't work for me, just FYI.
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 12:17:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Nyktos:

@R_S

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Nyktos:
Originally Posted By R_S:

@R_S

Try this one:
Pistol Rifle Marksmenship Skill Drill-Book
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 6:54:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Set 50 gallon drums out in a diamond 10 yards apart. Guy has to shoot on the move, use cover to reload, key is changing their footwork up moving at angles to provide a solid base
Top Top