Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/18/2024 11:36:36 AM EDT
This article is from 2011, but still a classic:

Achieving Tactical Maturity: a few thoughts…(PDF)

Creating “Reactionary Gaps” in your favor is part of tactical maturity. This can be done in
civilian clothes and in uniform. Sometimes it is better to watch a situation for a few seconds to
sort things out before rushing in. Again, this buys you time and does not force you to make a
rushed decision.
View Quote

Major truth that is too often unknown.
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 2:03:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I just started going through his videos/articles the past few weeks. Much of what he covers/trains on seems to me to be the things that will keep you alive in a gun fight. After Elisjsha Dicken stopped the mall shooter at a distance well beyond the “all defensive shootings are within 7 yards”, I started practicing on a ½ size silhouette at 25 yds with several different carry guns. Just steady practice over a few weeks and I made significant improvements. I competed in IDPA for over 20 years and 3-gun for about 5 but recently my focus has shifted to staying alive in a gunfight. I am a true believer in his saying “distance favors the trained.” I manage my risk and do my best to be situationally aware. If I’m having to shoot at 7 yards, I’ve already made at least one fatal mistake getting me to that point. Many gun owners could benefit from studying and implementing his training. Including some physical fitness. I'm not a doomer but more of a Boy Scout=be prepared.
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 2:06:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Paul is probably the most important tactical trainer in the last 50 years. He lives and dies for making people more effective thinkers. If you don't have them, his books are great.

But people want flash.
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 5:29:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 5:33:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I just ordered the his book “The CSAT Way.”
Looking at the Kansas City event I think two ORM things would have kept me from attending that event:
1)I would have researched crime in the area.
2)I avoid event crowds at all costs.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 6:43:29 PM EDT
[#5]
I own all his books and most of his videos.  One book is autographed.  

He's been putting more content out on Youtube, which has been helpful to me:

https://www.youtube.com/@thecsatway3622
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 7:28:57 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm not a big book reader but I think I'll like his.
I'm also not much on taking classes but I might look hard at taking one of his.

Thanks for posting about him/his work.
Top Top