Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/5/2018 11:45:47 PM EDT
I am wanting to pick up a shot timer to be able to start using to get actual numbers to work with during my range training sessions.  That being said what is everyone recommending for shot timers that will hold up and last?  I am not sure about any features that are considered good to have.  I like the ability to do a random start buzzer so I won't try to game the start buzzer.  Also the ability to review the string as well are the only things that I know for sure that I want on it.  Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 10/6/2018 9:51:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Pretty sure they all do random start and par times.

I see more Competition Electronics at matches than any other, Pocket Pro 2 is overtaking the original, but there's some reason I can't recall some folks prefer the original. I have the 2, it's been flawless, batteries last a year or so if I keep the backlighting off, that's 2.5-5 hours of run a week. I'm happy with it, easy enough to use, if I had to gripe it'd be that the sensitivity doesn't go low enough to catch hammer drops in dry fire, I don't need that, but tried it once to see if it would.

They can all be killed, but I see way less Pacts in the wild but at least 50% of those have been malfunctioning.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 10:16:40 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a Pact III timer I bought used three years ago.  It's held up well to almost daily dry fire use.

Most of the popular models will serve you just fine.  I'd just look for a used one.
Link Posted: 10/24/2018 12:14:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Pocket Pro II is what I see the most at the ranges I use.
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 12:17:46 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a Pocket Pro II. Bought it used on eBay. Worked great so far.
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 12:27:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: tweeter] [#5]
comp electronics are huge, but they're functional. because they're huge, they're easy to keep track of at events. this is important of you have loaner gear for people scoring

pact timers are average and functional, just as good

CED timers are the cats pajamas, but smaller. they're great for a range bag, but will disappear into pockets at events

so, use comps at events and keep the nice CED for solo use or small groups at a range

CED 7000 is what I'd recommend
Link Posted: 7/4/2019 2:26:02 PM EDT
[#6]
I had a CED7000 that would crash and not come back on until I opened it up, unplugged the internal battery, and reassembled.

I got fed up with it and replaced it with a pocket pro 2 that I'm satisfied with.
Link Posted: 7/5/2019 1:10:27 AM EDT
[#7]
I finally upgraded this week from an Android App to a Pocket Pro II from Amazon.
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 10:35:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3-gun] [#8]
Pocket pro II or pact club timer. I like the feel of the pact but the beep on the pocket pro.
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 5:37:24 PM EDT
[#9]
I just have a Pocket Pro II, and it's fine for what I need from a timer.  I have no experience with the others.
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 8:29:16 PM EDT
[#10]
My personal ones I have 2 are both pocket pro 2.  My club is also almost all pocket pro 2's now I think we have 1 or 2 packs but no one uses them.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 9:33:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Make Ready! lite app is free.  Set the par to 1 sec to give yourself time to get to your start position.

Top Top