Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/28/2022 12:45:15 PM EDT
Looking for recommendations for a decent basic shot timer. Don’t need super high end. Just a timer with splits etc. would like to keep it under $100 if possible. Opinions?
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 10:09:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Pretty active sub forum……
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 10:12:03 AM EDT
[#2]
I have the Pact Club Timer III, it's about $130 so slightly over your budget.

So far it has worked great, haven't had any issues with it.
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 1:24:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, that’s the one I’m looking at. Guess maybe a Christmas present :-)
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 12:26:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Yumago:
I have the Pact Club Timer III, it's about $130 so slightly over your budget.

So far it has worked great, haven't had any issues with it.
View Quote

I've had mine for many years, and it works great.

There are phone apps that work as timers as well... of course mine stopped working when I upgraded my phone, but free apps are at least worth a try.
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 12:30:33 PM EDT
[#5]
I did try an app awhile ago, don’t remember which one, but it didn’t work very well. It wouldn’t pick up the shots reliably. Have you had success with any particular one?
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 6:08:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mo4040] [#6]
All of the ones on the market are good.

The PACT Club Timer III (and the Mark IV timer/chrono...if you need to chrono stuff) are great.

The Competition Electronics Pocket Pro line is great (the Pocket Pro II has been discontinued, but they are still out there for sale).

The CED 7000 line has loyal followers...

Bottom line:

Invest in a genuine shot timer and don't bother using a phone app.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 11:35:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By tatsngats:
I did try an app awhile ago, don’t remember which one, but it didn’t work very well. It wouldn’t pick up the shots reliably. Have you had success with any particular one?
View Quote

Make Ready! has a free version that used to work decently for me for both live fire and airsoft.  It does not work well at all with my current iphone.  But even something that will only give you a PAR time can be useful.  My PACT III doesn't always pickup .22LR, so I just set a PAR time and go that way.
Link Posted: 12/26/2022 5:41:08 PM EDT
[#8]
I like Brownells for stuff like this owing to their Nordstrom-like customer service.  No BS.
Link Posted: 12/26/2022 5:50:24 PM EDT
[#9]
I grabbed the ProTimer (not BT) for $99 on amazon. They're about $130 now. Love the timer, hate the battery life. Keep a spare 9v in your range bag because it will last a year at a time and die when you need it with very little warning.
Top Top