Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/9/2023 5:52:08 PM EDT
I'm a youth shotgun instructor.  The group I'm working with wants to buy a good trap for use with training.  I'm presently using a small Atlas...the battery has to be at full charge, and it only holds a stack of 40 birds, and doesn't throw them too far at all.  Works ok for beginners, but as the students get better, the trap doesn't have enough speed, or hold enough birds.

Looking for a 12 volt, turret style trap (would like to load a case of 135 at a time), that I can bolt to a small trailer and be reasonably portable, have good battery life, and will throw good targets.  Swing and wobble would be great.

Recommendations?

Link Posted: 9/22/2023 12:54:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Battery life is going to be dependent upon the battery and not the trap manufacturer.  Atlas is what you're looking for, a “basic” wobble trap the AT-150 will be around $1700+/-, holds 150 birds, 12v or 110v.  There were some traps listed in the EE a month or so back, they were not Atlas’s, another option would be to call around some sporting clay places and ask if they have any used traps they are looking to sell, other than that ebay.  If you call around, I’d venture to say they will need some work and probably not wobble.
Top Top