Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/13/2024 7:37:40 PM EDT
Roger Phillips has published DVD's and a book in print in the past.  Since his retirement he has put published his thoughts on gunfighting online:  "The Reactive Gunfight"

Hard to believe he taught for over 20 years and isn't famous, but his methods are so unconventional that they may be difficult for the un-intiated to understand.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 8:16:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I had seven or nine classes under him.  He is the real deal.  An innovator.  Doesn't like to be pigeon holed but he is best known for developing what to do if you are already under the gun.  I remember that many of his drills/exercises were not just skill building but designed so you understood the 'why' of why this instead of that.  I was sorry when he retired from teaching.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 8:34:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Excellent read. Thanks OP.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 2:00:49 AM EDT
[#3]
BTW His material ties in very well with that of SouthNarc aka Craig Douglas.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 9:34:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MarkHatfield:
I had seven or nine classes under him.  He is the real deal.  An innovator.  Doesn't like to be pigeon holed but he is best known for developing what to do if you are already under the gun.  I remember that many of his drills/exercises were not just skill building but designed so you understood the 'why' of why this instead of that.  I was sorry when he retired from teaching.
View Quote

I pray we don't loose significant parts of the knowledge Roger has given the community.  We need to be able to carry the torch for the next generation.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 9:48:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: R_S] [#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MarkHatfield:
BTW His material ties in very well with that of SouthNarc aka Craig Douglas.
View Quote

It does.  At Craig's Experiential Learning Lab (ELL) at TACCON last year I saw so many "stand and deliver" gunfighters who were only ever trained in "Proactive" gunfight methods crash and burn.  After a while it was sickening to watch.  I'm told that in prior years the results at Experiential Learning Lab were exactly the same.  

Meanwhile I had all kinds of options at ELL thanks to innovative instructors like Roger.  I didn't end up having to use PSP techniques as my deception plan was well executed and worked... but it felt really good to have options and a backup to my deception plan.  I felt like I was in the danger area, but had the knowledge, skills, and attitude to prevail under any likely scenario.
Top Top