Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Posted: 12/4/2022 12:46:02 AM EDT
Just curious what people have to say. Personally, I was a wrestler in high-school and had gym memberships in college and as a young engineer.

By the time I had enough money to buy either a home gym or Ballistic plates, Lockdowns forced me to buy them in the 'right' order because I bought home Gym rack right when lock downs happened, then Balistic plates right as riots happened.

It was more luck than anything, but looking back on it I really think people should buy a Squat Rack before Balistic plates unless they are supplementing with something else.

Final thoughts: buy guns before either. Then buy both.

Link Posted: 12/4/2022 11:56:28 AM EDT
[#1]
I should've voted creme puff,
but I do hike my job regularly
with a tool backpack.

My condo is too small for a
a home gym, which I had at
my first house in the country.

I haven't bought any plates... yet.

Yes... guns came first.
Link Posted: 12/4/2022 6:55:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/4/2022 8:14:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kskvetski] [#3]
Squat rack first. I do agree that you can get 2 kettlebells that are adjustable from 26-70lb a that takes up less space. If you’re going for max strength then get a squat rack.

Personally I’d get a squat rack and kettlebells. That way I could do pull-ups and anything requiring hanging. You could also get a dip bar attachment and have a lot of variety in exercises for not a lot of stuff

GET KETTLEBELL KINGS ADJUSTABLE KETTLEBELLS NOT TITAN

Titan sucks ass. Coarse finish, flaky paint, weights aren’t marked. Kb kings actually paints them nice, and marks the weights, and the cost is the same.
Link Posted: 12/4/2022 8:38:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I should exercise more but at least I can climb 20flights of stairs ie 200ft elevation change without stopping.

I'm a slim guy so moving really heavy things isn't for me, well technically it's my job, but we use cranes for that.

Gonna be fun in January we we are using a crane to build the rigging needed to make to big lifts. Spreader bars that weight 25-35klbs, slings that weight in the thousands, even the smallest shackles are 80lbs each. Versa is trying to screw us now but trying to make use add (2) 500t (1500lb) shackles to the rigging plan because they misplaced the right slings they said they had and don't want to make new ones.

Yea January-march is gonna be a workout 12hrs a day.
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 4:24:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Honestly I bought a pistol and AR-15 before I got a gym membership or home weight bench or practiced drills running around in armor plates.  Collect 'em all.

Link Posted: 5/10/2023 9:49:07 PM EDT
[#6]
I’ve been on the same routine for a very long time …

Monday & Wednesday … 4am … ruck 4 miles in 56 minutes with a 45 pound pack then six sets of 15 free weight reps in my lame home gym.  

Tuesday & Thursday … fitness bike.

Saturday … 4:30am … ruck 12 to 30 miles with 45 to 60 pound pack.  15 minute miles max.  Later take family on long walk.

6 days a week … walk dog after work / 3 miles

2 or 3 times a week … square range training often when armor.

I’m “well into middle age” and feel this is sufficient for a civilian who is a professional / white collar sort.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 9:52:04 PM EDT
[#7]
I also wear my GORUCK pack while mowing the lawn.  30 + 10 pound plate and a comprehensive med kit on it.

… much to my suburban neighbor’s dismay.  Had the attorney that lives two doors down stop by tonight as I was finishing … haha.
Top Top